Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dominic Dale have a new one in welsh open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a one off - thats one way of putting it mate!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
      Haha yeh, he might well have changed since this afternoon knowing Domdom.

The reason I know it's the same cue is because he turnued up at my place and showed me the cue earlier this week, telling me it was one I'd done some time back, even though initially I didn't remember it.

It's definitely the same cue we are discussing, and, it is one I did for him.
      What the hell he was referring to about Doug M I really don't know.

Who knows what goes on in Dominics head.???

I've often said to him.....

"I wish you had a glass head, so I could see what's going on inside it"

He is a one off that's for sure.
      Trevor unless you have a video recording of the conversation and a signed declaration from Dominic that you made the cue then this guy aint gonna have it.
      Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
        Trevor unless you have a video recording of the conversation and a signed declaration from Dominic that you made the cue then this guy aint gonna have it.
        lol dom once posted me a photo of him with two models that he had signed - very funny - i will see if i can find it!

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
          Very true, come on Trevor put it up on Youtube!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            old git and mike russell are one in the same!
            Yeeess!
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              Terry Griffiths was commentating with Dale during the Carter vs Hamilton game and they got onto the subject of cues and Terry asked what Dale was using this week. He didn't mention it being a Mannock but said it was off Doug Mountjoy! So unless gloveman is Doug I think its fair to say someone is not being very truthful about Dale's cue usage!

So I guess I wasn't that wrong after all, its highly unlikely that Dale would make that up and also I doubt Mountjoy was into cues enough to have had a replica made up. So I think its fair to say on that assumption that its a genuine Mannock that has been altered for snooker.
              I listened to that commentary, too, and it wasn't a cue they were talking about, it was Dom's suit!! They mentioned antiques, Terry said it was a bit like Dom's suit this week, and Dom said he'd got the suit from Doug Mountjoy!!
              They then said that Doug'd had a lung removed and that's why when he went to the Middle East (Dubai, I think) the dry climate was good for him!

Cueman, you want to clean your ears more often, I think!!
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Cueman- i think you owe me an apology

Comment

Doug is tiny compared to Dom, Dom is nearly 6ft, Doug was 5'8" at most, so i really don't know how he'd fit into a suit of Doug's! IMO they were talking about cues but unless either of us can prove it I think its pointless. Trev has already confirmed the cue so unless you're looking to stir things up I think we'll move on.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    Doug is tiny compared to Dom, Dom is nearly 6ft, Doug was 5'8" at most, so i really don't know how he'd fit into a suit of Doug's! IMO they were talking about cues but unless either of us can prove it I think its pointless. Trev has already confirmed the cue so unless you're looking to stir things up I think we'll move on.
                    It was a joke!! A reference to the outdated look of Dom's suit!!

Glad to see you've accepted Trev's word for it after all. And yes, let's move on.

Comment

dom is 6'1" ish

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        he has used plenty of replicas - including a falkiner made by trevor 2 mannocks and two burwats that i know about. but yes he is into old cues - especially maple rileys.

I have the second one..Its the best cue i have ever had..

Comment

My pleasure m8

Comment

Working...
                          X