X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Cues

Hey TSF

Im looking into purchasing a custom cue

but before i start ordering etc, i just need to know the sort of things i need to know about and request for in a specification.also how this will affect my game

This is because i just dont know anything about cues. I just play

My advice to you would be, to read the threads regarding cues that come up on the forum before you order a custom made cue. This will help you understand a bit more.

Comment

perhaps you might be better served trying a selection of 'off the shelf' cues at somewhere like craftsman in leeds because you need to find a cue and specs that suit you.
      ...and you might find the perfect cue!

i had a cue weighing in at over 19oz, then had one custom made at 18.5, and am now eagerly awaiting my latest (and last - hopefully) custom cue at 18oz, having felt the cues a touch too heavy.

its your call... and i wouldnt blame you for wanting a custom built cue, but just feel you need to know what specs are 'right' for you first...

happy hunting and all the best!
      tom

Comment

I suggest you read Mike Wooldridges website from back to front clicking every tab. There you will get educated with everything you need to know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jake 147 View Post
          Hey TSF

Im looking into purchasing a custom cue

but before i start ordering etc, i just need to know the sort of things i need to know about and request for in a specification.also how this will affect my game

This is because i just dont know anything about cues. I just play
          Well, what do you just play with? Let's start there: when you just play, find the cue you're most comfortable with and measure it: tip diameter, length, weight, butt diameter, balance point from the butt, and type of woods used in the cue. This is a good starting point. Otherwise the idea of going to a shop with a large selection you can try out is a great idea.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
          X