Brass Joints Used to Adjust Weight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Joints Used to Adjust Weight??

I was just browsing on ebay when i saw this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEWIS-AND-WILS...0|293:5|294:50

I was wondering wether this was common technique coz i never saw a cue like this before . Also is it effective ? what difference can it make ??

thnx

I've seen one cue like this before, and it was a Lewis & Wilson as well. Maybe it's something they did ...?
    The idea is simple, you can change the weight and balance of the cue by adding the weights before and after the b.p.
    Is it effective? I Don't know. The guy I knew who had one liked a very heavy cue so he just loaded them on willy-nilly and it suited him, but I never tried to change it myself to suit me.
    You can do the same thing with some US pool cues, add "weight rings" at different places on the cue to change the weight and b.p., but I've never seen a top-level cueist play with one ... Draw your own conclusions.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
      I've seen one cue like this before, and it was a Lewis & Wilson as well. Maybe it's something they did ...?
      The idea is simple, you can change the weight and balance of the cue by adding the weights before and after the b.p.
      Is it effective? I Don't know. The guy I knew who had one liked a very heavy cue so he just loaded them on willy-nilly and it suited him, but I never tried to change it myself to suit me.
      You can do the same thing with some US pool cues, add "weight rings" at different places on the cue to change the weight and b.p., but I've never seen a top-level cueist play with one ... Draw your own conclusions.
      haha . i was just curious about how this works, nice idea..........but considering that most of us already have chosen a cue with the right balance / weight we hardly need this .... lol

Comment

Might be good if you have your own table as a guest cue...
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

thats true.......... but if they're so fussy they shud bring their own cue
          Last edited by samad; 21 May 2009, 10:56 AM. Reason: err. forgot to write summing ?

Comment

Working...
          X