Kevin Deroo Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Deroo Cues

When I go to his site, I noticed that almost all of his snooker cues are butterfly spliced cue which are marked around $1000 Canadian and up.

I have never seen any UK member on this forum saying he wants to buy a Kevin Deroo, nor have I ever seen anyone recommending his cues to others on this forum. Usually Trevor White, and Mike Wooldridge got the vote.

From what I have seen, his cues seem to be made like American pool cues--with laminated shaft, stainless joint, turned with CNC. Some of his cues feature varnish on the butt.

What do you think about his cues and price?

Are they mostly going to Asia?
    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 19 May 2009, 06:16 PM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

i just think we over in england have so many good cue makers. so why would we need to buy a cue from a maker in canada (assuming)?

Comment

Um, doesn't Marco Fu use one of those? I'm not hugely technical on cues and things (I have no idea what I'm talking about ) but if a professional endorses it, I'm sure it's worth all the money. However, $1000CAD does seem to be awfully expensive!
      只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

he's not good at marketing probably thats why his cues are not so popular in europe and asia.
        RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
          he's not good at marketing probably thats why his cues are not so popular in europe and asia.
          I actually think his cues are almost all going to Asia, namely China and Hong Kong. May be not India.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I think if there were enough of them around for people to try in the UK to begin with more people might take the plunge. I personally wouldn't spend that much money on such a different looking cue without trying one first.
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

most of his cues went to Hong Kong because Marco Fu used one, from last year, more and more popular in China, they are not so bad , but not worth so much

Comment

Originally Posted by hendrykitty View Post
                most of his cues went to Hong Kong because Marco Fu used one, from last year, more and more popular in China, they are not so bad , but not worth so much
                Well, is it only because of Marco Fu that his becoming so popular. I mean it is like he is only popular there, but not anywhere else int he world. His cues are not even that common in his local Vancouver area.
                Ding and Liang both use a Stamford, Ronnie uses a John Parris--why aren't the Chinese buying these rather than Deroo.

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                I think if there were enough of them around for people to try in the UK to begin with more people might take the plunge. I personally wouldn't spend that much money on such a different looking cue without trying one first.

Yes, I do notice that Deroo's cues are very different.

Almost all UK makers would use either a disc or a plate as their logo but Deroo uses some kind of stamp or decal that he puts on the butt under some kind of varnish. I have only seen this used on 9 ball cues or some very low end club cues. He then somehow engraves his name on the shaft wood. Why does he feel the need to label his cues twice, I have no idea.

I have seen some of his ash laminated shaft and they have no chervons because they were laminated.

His joint is also quite different, it is stainless steel 5/16x14, with two flat parts cut out on the side so it will lock into position right away like a quick release. The ebony is piloted in the middle, to sit into a recess cut out as the female. I am not sure if it is a better joint, but I can see it is only used by him, and he seems to have gone through a lot of trouble to make a traditional 5/16x14 pin used in 9 ball cues works as a quick release pin in snooker. Why he does not just use airlock or some quick release pin I do not know.
                Last edited by poolqjunkie; 15 February 2010, 12:50 AM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Part of the problem might be that he doesn't make so many cues? In Australia it's also relatively expensive to get a cue made. Maybe that's because our domestic makers don't get that many orders, it's something they do on the side.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    Well, is it only because of Marco Fu that his becoming so popular. I mean it is like he is only popular there, but not anywhere else int he world. His cues are not even that common in his local Vancouver area.
                    Ding and Liang both use a Stamford, Ronnie uses a John Parris--why aren't the Chinese buying these rather than Deroo.
                    misunderstanding, haha, JP and Stamford is much more poplar than deroo in China, but in Hong Kong, JP and Deroo is in the same level but Deroo is more expensive, whta is more strange, the HUNT & O"BYRNE can be sometimes more than 1000 GBP in Hong Kong, rediculous
                    Last edited by hendrykitty; 21 May 2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                      totoally not, IMO he knows marketing a lot, he hire the right distributors in Hong Kong and China, they are very successful on boasting they are the best maple cue in the world, rubbish

Comment

Kevin deroo cues

HI I have a Kevin Deroo Cue 3.4 cue this cue that i have is a great cue and is expensive but worth every penny. There are a few players in Montreal Quebec Canada that have ordered his cue and they are very satisfied with his cue. His wood that he gets is very good and you can be sure that his cues do not get crooked. Leonard from Canada

Comment

Thanks Leonard. I love trying all kinds of cues and would like to see how a Deroo plays. It's not likely to happen here, or back home is aus but maybe if I get a chance to stop in Hong Kong ... who knows? I might convert.

Comment

hi .i just ordered a kevin deroo snooker cue 3/4 18 0z 58 inches with an engish taper.9.3 tip....i'm glad to hear someone out there like deroo"s cues ......thanx

Comment

I also have a traditional two piece jp..I bought about 8 months ago. at first i disliked the cue but the more i played with it , the more i find its top of the line ....

Comment

Working...
                              X