My new Mastercraft cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Mastercraft cue

Ok i know it's not to be compared with the top cue makers like Mike and Trevor, but it's a massive step up for me from my painted BCE cue.

The specs are:
    57" Length
    29.5mm butt
    9.5mm tip
    18oz weight

Ordered it through ADR147+ and he was a pleasure to do business with.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan27; 7 July 2009, 01:12 AM.

Nice pick up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan27 View Post
      Ok i know it's not to be compared with the top cue makers like Mike and Trevor, but it's a massive step up for me from my painted BCE cue.

The specs are:
      57" Length
      29.5mm butt
      9.5mm tip
      18oz weight

Ordered it through ADR147+ and he was a pleasure to do business with.
      but they don't charge mike and trevors prices do they?
      looks like a very nice cue.

Comment

is the cue fully tightened in the first pic? the splices dont seem to line up!
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
          is the cue fully tightened in the first pic? the splices dont seem to line up!
          Yes, the splices don't quite match up.

Comment

Nice looking cue mate, personally id probably go with a mastercraft if i was replacing my old peradon. but right now im too scared to change a winning formula as steve davis used to say.

Whats it like to play with versus your old one?
            You notice any major differences?

Comment

Only recieved it yesterday so not had a chance to play with it yet, and probably won't get a chance until this weekend.

But surely it's going to be better than a painted BCE with a varnished finish

Comment

looks very nice...! I am curious how you like it playing. my mastercraft cue is a treat! just yesterday my new telescopic extension came in from mastercraft.

Comment

I'll be sure to let you know how it plays once i've got the free time to try it, (times like these are when i hate working nights).

Comment

My mastercraft cue

Received my Mastercraft black panther 1 pc before the weekend and it's marvellous to play with, done a 50+ break within the first 2 frames and considering 47 was previously my highest, i was well chuffed. (and no i didnt forget to leave the 1 out before 47

Excellent customer service, i would give them 11/10...Dave answered every question and query I had, sorted me out with a free MW tip and good discount on a 1pc aluminimum case and a free chalk pouch.

I would like to post pics but I have a crap mobile camera, i will using my webcam this week if i can.

Compared to Peradon, I had a pro-cue previously, I think mastercraft cue's are much better, the cue was less sticky, less in price, paid only £125 for this compared to £160 for my pro-cue about 12 months back. Got extra weight, as I like my cue heavy.

couldnt ask for better service, if your looking for good cue at good value and cant afford a MW or Ferris, then mastercraft is the place to go.

Comment

pictures, please!!! welcome to the mastercraft cue circle!

Comment

How much????

Comment

Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
                          How much????
                          Mine was £130 including the mini butt.

Comment

I know you're happy with your new cue, and that's all that matters (I'm not meaning to be negative), but I'm quite surprised that for a cue of that price they haven't lined the splices up properly? It doesn't seem like great craftmanship to me.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                              I know you're happy with your new cue, and that's all that matters (I'm not meaning to be negative), but I'm quite surprised that for a cue of that price they haven't lined the splices up properly? It doesn't seem like great craftmanship to me.
                              I agree fully, but i was assuming little things like that (ok it's quite a big thing i suppose) was the difference between paying these more budget end prices and paying an extra £100 or more for a Robin Cook or an extra few hundred more for a Mike Wooldridge or Trevor White.

Does anybody know why the splices aren't lined up ? I've not really got much knowledge on how cues are made.

Comment

Working...
                              X