Ideally what budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideally what budget?

Played a couple of years and my cue is a cheap trainwreck but I love the game and play it a lot during the season.
    Right now I can definitely afford getting something like a MasterCraft from ebayADR147 which would be a nice cue as i've heard, (don't know my exact weight preference though).
    But a couple of the top players at my club tell me it's still not worth it, if you love the game you really should be putting down £300+. This would mean waiting several more months, to get the funds (and more importantly be happy about spending it which is more a bug for me - can't justify it).

Question really boils down to are these guys severely underestimating cues like Mastercraft? I gotta remember that extensions and case would also take a toll.

local club, try them out, get weights / tip size, if you play well with one of thier cues get it, if not look around...

a cue is like a mistress, you get te right one or you dont...

Comment

nothing wrong with any cue u get from andrew. he will get u a good one. as for spec, know what you like before ordering

Comment

Harder said than done most people just have Parris cue's here. Which feel great but v expensive, bit like they are shills!
        I guess so as ADR wouldn't sell a bad cue it's more a "is it worth waiting for a bigger budget" considering that would be many months. MW Sharks look nice if you pay a little bit more for example, so i'm not sure where to put my price.

Comment

theres a reason there is a market for cues, not everyone can afford the most expensive. whatever yer comfortable spending is the amount yer cue should cost. ive got an old cue that ive spent 80 on having done to my spec. id love a cue making for about 300 but cant justify it, what if yer over pend on it then hate it ?

Comment

I certainly think you dont need to spend 300+ to get a good cue . IMHO there isnt as much as a difference between a 150 and 300 than there is between a cheap Riley and 150 pound one.

I'd get a Mastercue or MW Shark. I've got a Mastercue for 110 and its great. You can get 10% of www.greenbaize.com if you tell them you are from TSF . I'm sure ADR147 has some great cues as well .

I wouldnt wait and spend 300+ on a cue tbh .

good luck in finding a good cue

Comment

Cheers Sort of stuff I needed to hear, I guess the guys at my club are just used to having that sort of money to splash.

I've been leaning towards Mastercue or MW Shark also, with MW being the pricer by 40£ which is stretchable. Though I could get a Mastercue + minibutt for that price which may be better. With AD147 I assume he has cues in stock and acts as a quality filter! So you know what ever he gets you is good, as opposed to maybe something direct from the company might have a defect they didn't spot. Otherwise prices are the same so I wonder... I'll shoot a PM

Comment

i think a wise move might be to email adr147 directly and see what he can do for you without ebay fees etc. he might be able to get you a custom made cue that is top class for about £150.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  i think a wise move might be to email adr147 directly and see what he can do for you without ebay fees etc. he might be able to get you a custom made cue that is top class for about £150.
                  Do you know that guy?

Comment

Originally Posted by oselifer View Post
                    Do you know that guy?
                    yeah we have met.

Comment

that sound like a good deal to me:P

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        yeah we have met.
                        What is your opinion of him ? Is he as good as others say or in fact better ?

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
                          What is your opinion of him ? Is he as good as others say or in fact better ?

he is the best, and kind to forum members!

Comment

haha reckon hell make me a deal?

Comment

maybe - what on.

Comment

Working...
                              X