What's a new Burroughes & Watts Like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a new Burroughes & Watts Like?

I spoke on the phone to Malcom Jones at B&W's. He seemed like a good guy with lots to say about the cue-making biz, after 15min I ordered a handmade one-piece Ebony & Ash at 60"..

Iv heard only good things about the old B&W's cues but how do the new ones compare, an Who makes them?

Thanks
    J6

B&W aren't Burroughes & Watts.
    A different company makes Burroughes & Watts cues. They both have websites.
    Neither are really Burroughes & Watts though they went out of business over 30 years ago.
    B & W used to make them under that name I believe but fell out with chap who owns the brand name. They used to explain this on the site but can't see it now.
    I know two people with B & W they are fine cues but both thought they were Burroughes & Watts so a bit off really.

I like the traditial style designs.
    This has been discussed at length on the uk8ball forum.
    Both slagged and given good reports but as for comparing with old original - chalk and cheese no relationship. Depends what you like. Cuemakers tell me modern cues are better. Spent a while looking for a goo burwat champ myself.

Comment

ask adr147 for his views?

Comment

Should say I had had a drink when I first replied and I was a bit mistaken.
        B & W Billiards is who I was talking about and what I said about them stands but....
        Malcom Jones is Burroughes & Watts so different and the one who owns the name.
        I do know one person who owns one of these new Burroughes & Watts cues it's very nice. These are well thought of on the uk8ball site which is what has sparked the B&W vs B&W Billiards arguments.
        Sorry for my first post

Comment

wow, what a mistake

Comment

What is it with snooker companies!!! The same thing happens all the time with Riley and Riley's - very seperate and very different!!

Comment

Working...
            X