• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

I am doubting between two cues
    --> 147 cue http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_range.html
    --> Legend cue
    http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ssic_cues.html

Can you please give some feedback and advice?
    Thanks

cues for sale

Why dun you search the ads here for something ard your price range which has splices or come with mini butt?

I have never use their cues before so i m not in the position to compare.

Comment

I believe classic cues are made in thailand and finished in the uk
      Standard are made wholly in leeds by craftsman
      Both will be good cues though
      Whats your budget and what are you after exactly? Design etc.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

My mate has a 147 it's a good cue for the money.

Comment

I think it's worth mentioning that the machined spliced cue might be a little more 'butt heavy' than the hand spliced one. They usually are. So it depends on your preference.
          You could always ask craftsman for the balance point if you think that this'll matter to you.

Comment

I don't really agree with this, machine sliced 1 piece cues are no different to any 3/4 really, both have solid butts so the balance shouldn't a a problem
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Have you ever tried balancing machine spliced cues compared with hand spliced cues RG? All the ones that I've tried (not many I admit) have been weighted a bit more to the butt end. It could be coincidence of course, but I assumed that it was due to the fact that on a hand spliced cue, the ebony splices are glued around the tapered core of the ash shaft, whereas on a machine spliced cue, the ebony butt is just that: solid ebony.
              As it happens, I'm used to a butt heavy cue now, and if I needed a new one, I'd have to go with a similar spec and I'd start with looking at machine spliced cues.
              I'd like to know whether or not I'd be barking up the wrong tree or not

Comment

Only 1-piece hand-made cues are made with ebony splices glued on to an ash or maple core, whereas, as Rob said, a 3/4 hand-made cue has a solid ebony butt, as has a machine-spliced cue. It isn't the solid ebony butt that causes the butt-heavy feeling, as you can and do have forward-balanced 3/4 hand-made and machine-spliced cues. What makes a cue feel butt-heavy is the balance point (obviously), and you can get a cue balanced pretty much as you please.

If you do like a butt-heavy cue, then you don't have to look at machine-spliced cues first, as you can also get a hand-made, hand-spliced cue built for you with the b.p. near the butt.

P.S. As a rule of thumb, I'd say the cheaper the cue, the "worse" the balance point.
                Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Thanks for the information, Keith.

Comment

Originally Posted by cantpotforshíte View Post
                    Thanks for the information, Keith.
                    No worries, mate. Just passing on that which has been shared with me.
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
                    X