Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi guys i am thinking of swoping cues with Willytan from singapore and i was just wondering if anyone on here has dealt with willytan before ? I am swoping my cue for 2 of his cues...but i dont know what the best method of post service to use and also the best means of packing my cue for post..I have emailed willytan and told him i was going to ask on here first before i go ahead with the deal..
    thanks for any help.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Warren132 I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice from people who post cues regularly but here's my tuppence worth on packing. (Only done it once though!!).
    I bought a length of plastic pipe from B&Q for a couple of quid. Think it was about 2" diameter or thereabouts and obviously just long enough to take a 58" cue. I put some bubble wrap round the cue and secured the ends of the pipe with heavy duty tape.
    I'll probably get shot down in flames for this but the cue arrived safe and sound at it's destination.
    In terms of postage charges I found this is a bit of a nightmare. My local Post Office just make up the prices as they go along I think. If you can be bothered have a trawl through the PO website for costs. I was interested in one of Willytans cues a few weeks ago but the high postage charges I felt made it less attractive. If I had been mad keen on the cue I wouldn't have minded paying.

Comment

Thanks bigmeek for the info..my cue is a john parris cue and its a 3quarter with extention so that would cut down on the lenghth some what..if you dont mind me askin how much was the postoffice charging you ?
      thanks.
      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Can't help on the postal charges I'm afraid. I was only sending within UK and it wasn't a JP! You might have to think about insurance.

Comment

you need a 3m length of marley tubing 40mm from diy place - take a saw - send by dhl not royal mail - here normally the cheapest for singapore. http://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk/book_index.php
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

warren132 Just another thing you might want to clarify. Someone told me that If you import a cue (or anything else) from overseas you have to pay VAT and Customs duty on the package before it is released.
            Any TSF members know if this is true? Please help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              warren132 Just another thing you might want to clarify. Someone told me that If you import a cue (or anything else) from overseas you have to pay VAT and Customs duty on the package before it is released.
              Any TSF members know if this is true? Please help.
              yes this is true and it can be a lot of money. as a one off though i imagine you could send it as a gift value £10. - not sure i should risk that but you could!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sending in that 40mm tubes with bubble wrap and tape is perfect.
                If you add a "pro forma invoice" stating a customs value of 25 GBP
                no customs to pay.
                But it might have some negative effect on insurance if it gets lost or damaged. But hey, no risk, no fun...
                I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Working...
                X