Jason Brown Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Brown Cue

Hi guys a mate of mine hs been using this cue for some time and he said he just cant play with it...so me being me had a few frames with it and had an 80 break in the second frame his jaw dropped..i am fed up tellin him there was nothing wrong with the cue and its all in his head !(sounds familiar) it was from ebay and i think it was about 50 quid with a case..i bought it from him for 30 pounds..here is some pics of it..it has perfect medium stiff ash shaft and has all the exsentions you need so for 30 quid i think this was ok..
    Has anyone else played or own one of these cues ?
    Last edited by warren132; 22 February 2010, 01:03 PM.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

didn't played with one of those.. but £30 for this cue and the rest of the kit ???!!! you couldn't go wrong with it surely!!! looking nice that shaft :snooker:!
    "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

Thanks vladimir007..thats what i thought for 30 pounds it wasent bad...you pay more than that for a decent 6 inch mini butt !

Comment

Come on chrisb you know you want it !

Comment

To be honest it doesn't really matter what name is on those cues. Chinese made cue with an English name, cause it sounds more craftsman-like. You could contact the factory and ask them to make a load with your name on.
          I've tipped and tried a fair few and some of them are pretty good, so you must have had one of the good ones

Comment

Yes MR O must be a good one..lol i was using a John Parris elite cue on and of for nearly 12 years and let me tell you that this J Brown cue cheap or not was outstanding..it was also a bit heveir than my 16.5oz parris cue and i must say power shots were effortless !

Comment

Looks like you're better suited to a heavier cue then Warren, wish I could find my perfect cue for £30 lol

Comment

Forgot to mention that it has a nice Talisman medium tip on it also at a cost of around 5 pounds !
                Last edited by warren132; 15 February 2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

i used a nchinese myx cue for 2 yrs. played fine

i think its all in ur mates head. the lack of confidence. personally, i do find those cues quite satisfyin to play with. =] good pickup for 30 pounds IMO =D

Comment

Is it for sale then?

Comment

No chance ! why would i want to sell when i told everyone that it cost me 30 pounds ? but thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                        No chance ! why would i want to sell when i told everyone that it cost me 30 pounds ? but thanks anyway.
                        You sure?? I'll give you £29.95
                        Highest Match Break - 77
                        Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
                        Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Here is a small update on my Jason Brown Cue..after removing all the painted splices from the butt i was very pleased with the new look and the natural wood feel of the cue..here is the cue after the paint was removed !

Comment

Your original pics have now vanished, but from what i remember it looks a hell of a lot better now, makes you wonder why they thought painted splices somehow improved it

Comment

Thanks Jrc..I must have deleted the previous pics by mistake...the cue had a couple of paint chips on the but and on closer inspection i could see brown wood underneath so i decided to remove all the paint from the butt and the 4 hand splices and after some wire wool and several coats of Dave Coutts cue oil then i think the cue looks verry well and i like its new natural oiled feel..all this took around 35mins to do.Like you say why bother painting it in the first place ?

Comment

Working...
                              X