cues from jjb sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cues from jjb sports

are these any good or just the usual crap?

i had a feel of one it says its something to do with ronnie o'sullivan and instead of being £50 only £25 is that good?
    Dark side of the moon

well depends how serious you are about the game, my 1st cue was bought from JJB about 7 years ago the later on i joined a snooker team for my locl club, a while later i bought what i thought was a better cue paying about £45 but i was wrng, if like me you want a good cue that is going to last then its better to pay that bit extra for something that could last you a lifetime, also depends on your budget and how serious you are bout the game

Comment

yeah i was wondering should i save up and get a one off cue?
      Dark side of the moon

Comment

JJB Cues

Hi
        I agree faman300lb depends on how serious you are. I have been playing for 30 years and bought a Tony Glover cue 2 years ago, He is a top cue maker and worth every penny my tip is try E-Bay some real bargains to be had.

Toppotter1967

Comment

Talk about bargains did you catch that coutts cue on ebay , went for £62 , i was interested but missed it but i,m sure in ended early .looked really nice

Comment

JJB Cues

Yea I saw that but you can get some bargains on there own site as well, I must admit I am a bit of a cue junky been buying and selling cues on e-bay for years. Just managed to get myself a perfect 1pce Powerglide Mannock only ever had 4 frames played with it since new from the early 80's.

Toppotter1967

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
              yeah i was wondering should i save up and get a one off cue?
              Send me your ideal specs & budget and I'll see what I've got to offer you. If it's a tight budget, go for a 3/4 cue and then save up to get the extensions later. I do have the BCE Ronnie and Jimmy cues, but they're imported and not the quality and durability of a nice Cue Craft UK produced cue.

See attached pictures, Cue on the left is 3/4 Semiquicklock release joint Ash, with Birdseye maple frontsplice and blue veneer. 9mm tip, 17.5 oz, 57 inches. On offer at £55. Or can do with a 3/4 fixed extension at £75. Or I have Ebony/Ash 3/4 with SQlock joint and long ext at £99 all in.

Dave, snookerpoolman :snooker:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by toppotter1967 View Post
                Yea I saw that but you can get some bargains on there own site as well, I must admit I am a bit of a cue junky been buying and selling cues on e-bay for years. Just managed to get myself a perfect 1pce Powerglide Mannock only ever had 4 frames played with it since new from the early 80's.

Toppotter1967
                Just out of interest what did you give for the Powerglide Mannock? I have one, a 1982, that I've had for 17 years and won loads o cash n trophies at pool with it. Any chance of a photo? email is cueist@genie.co.uk, thanks, Dave, Snookerpoolman

Comment

JJB Cues

Hi I bought it from a chap in wales and paid £80 including postage already been offered £250 in my local club but wont sell it lol. My Tony Glover is based on the Mannock. Will take some pics and e-mail them to you. If you love snooker I run our local league web site. www.tauntonanddistrictsnookerleague.co.uk check it out.
                  Toppotter1967:snooker:

Comment

Hi I bought it from a chap in wales and paid £80 including postage already been offered £250 in my local club but wont sell it lol. My Tony Glover is based on the Mannock. Will take some pics and e-mail them to you. If you love snooker I run our local league web site. www.tauntonanddistrictsnookerleague.co.uk check it out.
                    Thanks for the reply and yes please do send me pics. You got an absolute bargain. For playability it's the finest pool cue I've ever handled. Local guy who plays in our pool league said in the 80's when they came out, they were £140 new.
                    I was even luckier than you though, bought mine from ex's brother who used to dabble in snooker, but only dabble, he let me have it for fifteen quid!!! Like you, I'd never sell it and last week after not playing a competitive game of pool for 3 months, played the landlord at our pub, he broke and I dished em with my faithful old Mannock!

The balance, the feel, the response, the maple... I could go on...
                    Last edited by snookerpoolman; 17 February 2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

JJB Cues

I Know and like I said i had my Tony Glover based on the Mannock weight, tip size, length, and butt diameter, Sent you pics about 10minutes ago.

I love this forum wish I found it ages ago.
                      Toppotter1967

Comment

JJB Cues

Hi Mate Pics sent you are a lucky one aint you £15 that is the bargain of the century I have bought some later Mannocks which aint half as good the early 80's were great I had one when I was 18 and it was stolen from my club gutted at the time. I love this forum wish I had found it ages ago.

Toppotter1967

Comment

Hi Mate Pics sent you are a lucky one aint you £15 that is the bargain of the century I have bought some later Mannocks which aint half as good the early 80's were great I had one when I was 18 and it was stolen from my club gutted at the time. I love this forum wish I had found it ages ago.

Toppotter1967
                          Thanks for pics. Looks great - both cues. Your Mannock badge is different to mine, although have seen that type of badge on a one piece I re-tipped very recently for a chap at my club. My badge has the year on. Gotta go out now, but will try to take some pics later and send to you. Yes the bargain of the century - would not sell it for any money as it's won me so much and I LOVE IT!

Cheers for now, Dave, Snookerpolman

Comment

Tis a very small world toppotter1967.

Im a Taunton Man born and bred so would guess I know you.

I used to play for St Andrews about 10 years ago just for 1 season and now just play once a week over Rileys. I do occassionaly play the odd frame at St Andrews now and then but not too often

I enjoyed looking at your web site and to see some people I know on there.

If you want to chuck me an email and introduce yourself feel free.

ben444 at tiscali dot co dot uk

(remove the spaces and words as needed)

Comment

Hi Ben
                              Nice to hear from you do you still live in Taunton.

Toppotter1967

Comment

Working...
                              X