vibrating cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrating cue

hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me understand this.

i've been playing in a sunday league for 2 seasons ( i won season 1 lol, had to get that in) and more recently i've noticed one the players has a vibrating cue. when he takes his shot the front of the shaft vibrates, however seems to vibrate alot more when he plays a top or screw shot.

is this a weakening in his shaft or just bad technique?
    can understand you may need to see the cue to answer this question but was hoping for some suggestions really.

what do you think?

Just sounds like an over whippy cue to me. Does the cue in question have a slim taper and/or a small tip?

Comment

hey sorry to sound dippy but whats a slim taper. he has a 9.5mm tip on his cue

Comment

Originally Posted by goku View Post
        hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me understand this.

i've noticed one the players has a vibrating cue.
        You sure it's not just a really long vibrator?

Comment

lol how did you guess, suppose i left myself open to that, thanks for suggestion

Comment

Looks like he,s got a verry whippy cue

Comment

Slim taper means that the shaft after the tip is not cigar shaped but thinner in the first part. Makes a cue whippier than a solid shaft that is thicker.

Some players prefer that as it makes it easier for them to apply side to the cue ball.
              I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

cheers thanks for your answers guys

Comment

SLIM TAPER is a shape of the cue shaft close to normal conical shape but slightly slimmer then normal , also the cue would have an appearance of being slighty concave if thats make any sense .( please correct me if im wrong)
                  also cue can be whippy due to density of the wood used for the shaft , length of the cue ( say 60" cue more likely to be whippy ):snooker:
                  "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

A few years ago I had two custom shafts made for my cue. Both had 10 mm tips, but one shaft had the normal conical snooker taper and the other shaft had the cylindrical "professional taper" used by many pool players on 13 mm cues because it works so well with a closed bridge. The cylindrical tapered shaft was definitely whippier than the conical taper, and felt somewhat unnatural with an open bridge. It took time to get used to, and I still prefer the conical taper for play on a 12 ft table.

Comment

Working...
                    X