Very whippy cue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very whippy cue!

Am a beginner to snooker.I have been playing on n off for about 5 months now.I got a cue from a friend of mine.Its a cheap cue.I have been playing with that since like 2 weeks now.But the problem is that I am not able to play shots like I used to.The cue plays well sometimes and sometimes there are vibrations in the shaft.When I hit with a bit more force,I tend to miss the pot. I mean that they are so so big,those vibrations.Its like I can feel the shaft vibrating against my chest.It feels more like a 'tuning fork' rather than a cue. :P.

So is that what a very whippy cue does?!. And can i do anything else to make it right?! Or it cant be helped?Am starting to get so frustrated with it.And here in India,we get Master cues mostly..So am thinking of getting one very fast!.Lets see.

Have you check what is the thickness of the tip? Maybe it is like 8-9mm thus rather whippy when you play hard shot.

To test whether if you cue is whippy;
    - Hold cue with one hand at about 1" from butt
    - Use your other hand to hit the cue to test if there is a lot of vibration when you hit it moderately hard.
    - If the vibration is slight, most likely is the tip.

Comment

Bad sign!

Yes,the cue vibrates when I did what u advised.
      Well there is a lot of vibration in the shaft.And when I play a power shot,I feel that the cue is going to break!
      So i guess I should do away with it and get a new one!

Comment

If you are still potting ball with consistency, dun bother to change cos you might not find another cue which suits you as fine.

If you need any cue, i also have a few cues available for sale if you are interested. Do email willysellcue@yahoo.com for any enquiry.

Comment

Originally Posted by motofreak View Post
          Am a beginner to snooker.I have been playing on n off for about 5 months now.I got a cue from a friend of mine.Its a cheap cue.I have been playing with that since like 2 weeks now.But the problem is that I am not able to play shots like I used to.The cue plays well sometimes and sometimes there are vibrations in the shaft.When I hit with a bit more force,I tend to miss the pot. I mean that they are so so big,those vibrations.Its like I can feel the shaft vibrating against my chest.It feels more like a 'tuning fork' rather than a cue. :P.

So is that what a very whippy cue does?!. And can i do anything else to make it right?! Or it cant be helped?Am starting to get so frustrated with it.And here in India,we get Master cues mostly..So am thinking of getting one very fast!.Lets see.
          A particular type of cue suits individual players, its something that cant be altered on the cue , for some players a cue like yours is a god send to their game others a nightmare, i would suggest trying other cues before you buy a stiffer cue as it will have a totaly different feel when stricking the cueball.
          hope this helps.
          I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

Working...
          X