Peradon Sapphire... Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Sapphire... Any good?

Just bought a brand new Peradon Sapphire 3/4 split cue off topcue.co.uk yesterday, and waiting for it to arrive either on Friday or Sunday.

All in all, the cue cost £57.00, with the optional extension, which i also bought, and i was just wondering if it was a wise choice in purchasing this cue? I didnt want to purchase an expensive cue, as I am still only at an beginner level i feel, as i only make the odd 25 - 30 break.

I just wanted to know if this cue is any good, and was it worth it by buying a Peradon cue?

Will be interesting to see the responses, that's the exact cue I saved in my favourites as I was looking into buying a new cue.
    :snooker:
    High break: 117
    2013 Midlands University Snooker Champion

Comment

Hey Chris, I bought a Peradon cue the Tempest from the cannon range, from the same website, and for the same reason as u I did my research before hand and Perason is renowned cue maker used by many professionals in the past...My Tempest is a 2 peice cue it plays well, good weight and a nice finish throughout...good cue for a beginer. The Peradon cue extention is also good and very handy in game play.

Im sure you wont be dissappointed with your once you have recieved it....

Tell us what you think!
      "Where's the white going?"

Comment

Thanks durban, i will keep you posted i cant wait haha! im like a child!

Comment

hey chris, you'll probably get mixed opinions about peradon cues, having said that i too have a peradon cue, its a peradon king. i must say its a brilliant cue and cant copmplain, however the sapphire does look very similar to the peradon cambridge, so looks nice. hope you get on well with it, its always risky buying a cue without having tried it first

Comment

I've had my cue in for repair/alteration and have been using a machined rosewood butt Peradon in its absence (given to me as 'firewood' by a mate).

I had to remove all the varnish, apply oil to it and re-tip it first (was making the nintendo noise on contact) but it actually plays really well.

I'm even considering having the Peradon fitted with a butt join for extensions and use it as a regular playing cue.

Quince

Comment

Yea lol I was like that aswell Chris trust me mate lol...The bad thing was I ordered mine during the snow storms of january and I got mine a week late but was worth the wait I suppose lol.

Comment

Yea I had to have mine retipped from new too it was a bit funny playing with the factory fitted tip. Thankfully my cue had none of that varnish on it and is just smooth throughout

Comment

Yeah, ill probably retip mine, as most factory tips are poor... what tip do you recommend for the Peradon Sapphire? Its 9.5mm

Also, the extension i get is it any good? and can i get any other ones on the internet apart from the standard one? :snooker:

Comment

I would say Elkmaster tips a Blue Diamond tips are pretty decent but I suppose its upto the player on which they like (soft/ hard) I personally like a hard tip. I would'nt say that the Sapphire is 9.5mm tip as it says its an average and when i got mine retipped the guy told me he will use a 10mmtip which I rounded of myself.

The extention if Im right is a Peradon and is decent is light weight so you it dont really make your cue heavier when you play with it. there are many other ones you can buy which are universal but u'll have to look em up.

Comment

The Cannon cues I've seen have not been great IMO. Are they still completly lacquered because they used to be?
                      I regret in hind sight buying the Peradon I had, wished I spent more and got a good cue and saved the £100 I lost when replacing it.
                      Having said that Peradon turn out the odd cracker but they make a lot so there is some tat too. The kings I've see were terrible but played with a great prince and a fantastic custom made one.

Comment

HELP Please!

I just recieved the Peradon Sapphire, however i just opened it, and the long extension has a female end, and so does the main shaft of the cue, meaning i cant put the extension on... The small normal piece which is attached on to make it the normal cue has the male end, so it threads onto the main cue itself fine, however the long black extension has the same female attachement as the main cue...

Have they made the extension wrong?

Urgent help required please

Comment

I suggest you contact top cue and get their opinion they maybe able help you and get the right extention for you.

Comment

To Watford, regarding your question....No the Peradon cannon cues are not lacquered all over the cue, its a smooth finish meaning your hands wont still to it.

Comment

I bought a peradon balmoral one piece cue a couple of months ago and it's a really nice cue. I recently took the tip down from a 10mm to a 9mm. So far i'm unbeaten in my local pool league and have won 10 out of 12 at County. As far as i'm concerned, that shows that peradon make pretty decent cues! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X