Buying first cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying first cue.

As it's said in the title, this is going to be my first own cue. I don't want to spend much money on expensive, custom-made cue because I don't actually know what cue I prefer and I have no possibility to try a range of different cues and then make my decision. There aren't many available in my country, actually I know only one shop that sell peradons, and they're slightly overpriced I believe (about £200 for Canterbury).

I'd like to spend £200 tops, including shipping, which I believe can be around £40 from UK to Poland. It leaves me with £140.

I wish to buy a 3/4 cue with mini-butt and a case for that money. I think I can use longer extensions available at a club and don't need to buy my own, at least not now. I'm 186 cm tall and I believe something around 57,5-58" would be suitable for me. I don't have that much experience to tell whether the cue should by heavier or lighter, so I'd be looking for something in-between. I also haven't had an opportunity to experience the difference between ash and maple cues, but since ash ones are more common I think I'd like my shaft to be made from ash.

I'd be grateful for any advice on where to buy a cue and which one will be good choice for me. I don't really know any cuemakers except Peradon and JP and I don't know the cue market in UK as well. It would be great if the shop you'll recommend me ships EU so there wouldn't be any problems with delivery to Poland.

Greetings

www.greenbaize.com
    You can contact Stu and ask him what he have inte the shop for that kind of money, he is one of he nicest guys you can find so dont be scared to ask him something
    :snooker:

Comment

I'd second that - Stu'll have something good he can recommend to you in your price range no problem at all, and you can trust him, he's one of the good guys.

Another person to contact would be Dave Coutts, he might have something in your price range, and he's one of the good guys too. Here's his link: http://www.couttscues.co.uk/

Hope this helps!
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Thank you very much! I'll contact Stu and Dave and if I get a piece I'll certainly inform you guys here!

Comment

Good luck - I hope you find what you're looking for!
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
          X