Hunt & Osborne is gonna be history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt & Osborne is gonna be history

Just learned from a China dealer, they were informed by Robert Osborne that he and Will Hunt have gone their separate ways. Robert will continue making cues with his own name. Not sure about Will's plan though.

Originally Posted by acidash View Post
    Just learned from a China dealer, they were informed by Robert Osborne that he and Will Hunt have gone their separate ways. Robert will continue making cues with his own name. Not sure about Will's plan though.
    OMG

Sad news indeed. Not sure if I heard right, but Will hasn't been feeling too well as of late? Hope he makes a good recovery.

Anyone with an H&O blackplate... hang onto it, might be worth a few quid more soon

Comment

i think this was common knowledge - will's health has been a problem.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Noticed this website the other day ?

http://www.huntcues.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
          Noticed this website the other day ?

http://www.huntcues.com/

Nothing have to do with Will Hunt. Just someone steal the name of the company he used to own. The name of this company is "Hunt & O’Byrne Cue Manufacturing Ltd." and the original one was "Hunt & O’Byrne". It wasn't a limited company as far as I know.

Comment

Nothing have to do with Will Hunt. Just someone steal the name of the company he used to own. The name of this company is "Hunt & O’Byrne Cue Manufacturing Ltd." and the original one was "Hunt & O’Byrne". It wasn't a limited company as far as I know.
            Thanks for that i didn't think it was anything to do with Will, just wondered if anyone knew anything about them really, funny thing there located in Shrewsbury same place as " Paris " cues so maybe there's a link between them.

Hunt & O'Byrne was one of the greatest names in cues though, no question about that.

Comment

Just checked it contact details the same as " Paris Cues" .....lol

Comment

Notice how they don't show any cue badges anywhere (unless i missed them)

Comment

I noticed that, just trading on the name then mate & offering certificates as well, wonder if they do any good ?

Probably side tracking the thread a bit, so back to Will Hunt, one of the best makers we've had over the years so i hope his health improves and is still able to make a few cues should he want to.

No doubt Robert will still carry on making nice cues though, but like many things in life the end of an era.

Comment

sad thing is i have actually seen one of their cues and it was pretty good!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      sad thing is i have actually seen one of their cues and it was pretty good!
                      Shame then they don't make good cues under their own proper brand then really instead of a name association thing that probably has a negative effect....

Comment

I knew about this sometime ago but obviously i kept it to myself . Robert still has a massive amount of orders from China and if the truth betold he did the vast majority of the work himself due to Will's health issues near the end of their association . The last time i spoke to Robert he said that he would still make the cues under the same name , H & O .
                        You never know Will may return if his health improves .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Just to update everyone:

My club tried to get Hunt & Osbourne to do some special centenery cues for us, giving 12 months notice.

We got turned down - I popped over to see Robert, but no persausion would help - He sells all he can make to China - 50 cues in a batch - One shipment - One Invoice, and the Chinese distributor handles any queries etc from customers.

Our pro, just got his black label one done this week, but he had to wait a long time - Rosewood butt, 10mm tip - It is amazing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            I knew about this sometime ago but obviously i kept it to myself . Robert still has a massive amount of orders from China and if the truth betold he did the vast majority of the work himself due to Will's health issues near the end of their association . The last time i spoke to Robert he said that he would still make the cues under the same name , H & O .
                            You never know Will may return if his health improves .
                            The source is an official announcement of a major Chinese distributor made to their clients yesterday. Well I do hope Robert still carry on making cues under the name H&O. Really looking forward to the coming back of Will if he would. I'm gonna email Robert to find out more

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                              Just to update everyone:

My club tried to get Hunt & Osbourne to do some special centenery cues for us, giving 12 months notice.

We got turned down - I popped over to see Robert, but no persausion would help - He sells all he can make to China - 50 cues in a batch - One shipment - One Invoice, and the Chinese distributor handles any queries etc from customers.

Our pro, just got his black label one done this week, but he had to wait a long time - Rosewood butt, 10mm tip - It is amazing!!
                              Well I know the demand from China is tremendous. But I don't understand why he focus only on a market. He could have distribute some batches to local & other overseas markets. Even Hong Kong is near to China, I have only seen machine spliced blue plate and very occasionally lower grade red plate cues for sale here in HK these days. Whereas, people in China still receiving Black plate cues last week (2 years waiting though, I read this from a Chinese forum)

Comment

Working...
                              X