Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does shortening a cue affect your game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does shortening a cue affect your game?

I got my cue shortened by 3/4 of an inch from 58" to 57.25".
    Now I feel more comfortable in close range shots around black, feel more solid and compact.I hope it helps my game.
    Just wanted to know what differences others felt when they got there cue shortened.
    Does it affect your long game?
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Personally i think you have more control on long shots as well , as long as youre not running out of cue .

Comment

Many players could actually use a shorter cue as many using a 58" will probably be holding it at around 56" or so depending on the type of shot being played, so i suppose leaving a cue at a standard 58" just means it gives you options of holding the cue in different positions and adjusting it yourself whilst your playing.

If you've had it shortened and you feel more comfortable with it thats all that matters always feels better close range but might effect your long game a bit until you get used to it but i wouldn't think generally 58" to 57.25" would make much difference really, though it might to you, and if its working for you thats good.

There will always be exceptions due to taller/smaller players etc but anything between 57" to 58" is about right for most of us.
      Last edited by CueAntW147; 2 April 2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X