Stephen Maguire Spanish Olive wood cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Maguire Spanish Olive wood cue

Hey guys , just wondering if anyone has tried this cue out??? is it worth the money or is the price tag just because its endorsed by maguire?

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/info_363.html
    http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_range.html

New Custom Olive wood cue - as used by Stephen Maguire

New Custom Olive wood cue - as used by Stephen Maguire
    A fantastic looking hand made cue made with the finest timbers. Ash shaft and hand spliced Ebony butt with 4 x Spanish Olive Wood splices over a green veneer and then 4 more lower Ebony splices over green veneers around the bottom of the butt.
    The cue is finished off with our new nameplates, each cue individually numbered. No other cue will have the same number as your cue. This cue can be made exactly to your specifications; 1pc 2pc or 3/4 butt jointed and also made to your specifications, see below. Cues made to your spec will take roughly 3 weeks to complete.

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

It would appear that this cue has been made by Craftsman to Stephens spec and not just a endorsement deal ! The Mark Williams cues appear to be made by Phoenix and Mark Williams has put his name to the ones he picked out, You get a certificate of quality signed by Mark Williams I own one and it is a brilliant cue,.....Is it worth the money ? its like that old saying "How long is a piece of string" would you pay £1000 for a Parris cue when you could become a world class player with one costing a £100 quid (or less) we all look for that MAGIC CUE but in the end its the one that suits you. Fancy, inlays from the shinbone of the T.Rex or Do Do Bird dont put balls in pockets, but lets face it we all like a bit of bling.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
      It would appear that this cue has been made by Craftsman to Stephens spec and not just a endorsement deal ! The Mark Williams cues appear to be made by Phoenix and Mark Williams has put his name to the ones he picked out, You get a certificate of quality signed by Mark Williams I own one and it is a brilliant cue,.....Is it worth the money ? its like that old saying "How long is a piece of string" would you pay £1000 for a Parris cue when you could become a world class player with one costing a £100 quid (or less) we all look for that MAGIC CUE but in the end its the one that suits you. Fancy, inlays from the shinbone of the T.Rex or Do Do Bird dont put balls in pockets, but lets face it we all like a bit of bling.
      Very well said!

Comment

Is it worth it ? Maybe someone could break down the making of a cue into pure money eg Materials,Time,Skill, I suspect this would be hard to do as how do you put a price on someones craftmanship. Whats the rate per hour ! in Thailand I suspect its pretty low and some of the BIG British makers (Are there any that dont ship in from abroad) no doubt take full advantage of the pathetic basic rate of pay but this is snooker not politics.
        Last edited by denja; 11 February 2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Is it worth it ? Maybe someone could break down the making of a cue into pure money eg Materials,Time,Skill, I suspect this would be hard to do as how do you put a price on someones craftmanship. Whats the rate per hour ! in Thailand I suspect its pretty low and some of the BIG British makers (Are there any that dont ship in from abroad) no doubt take full advantage of the pathetic basic rate of pay but this is snooker not politics.
          I think the maguire cue is made by craftsman in there workshop isnt it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Maguire View Post
            I think the maguire cue is made by craftsman in there workshop isnt it?
            yes it is and yes it will be a nice cue.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              yes it is and yes it will be a nice cue.
              U think it wud b a better quality and made cue than the mark williams and phoenix cues?

Comment

different thing - it will be made in house from start to finish by dave brown, since their other cue maker is off sick.

Comment

he got two made at same time, but did not suit,

Comment

Has anyone else on this forum listened to the Mark Thomas Peoples Manifesto on Radio4 ?
                    Currently a new series is being aired, wednesdays at 6.30 pm. On this programme comedian and political activist Thomas takes suggestions from the public that should be made law. Some are comic but some are serious so the prgramme is very funny and informing at the same time. In last years series someone suggested that honesty and transparency should be present and shown in all transactions, e.g. a manufacturer should state to their customers just how much raw materials, labour, production and transportation costs were in the making of their product so that the buying price could be seen to be fair or not.
                    I would support such a move to bring this idea into law, unfortunately the capitalist profiteering system would collapse if this was so. After all products are not manufactured in the far east in order to make them cheaper for the consumer but for greater profit for the manufacturer and greater dividend for the shareholders.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Has anyone else on this forum listened to the Mark Thomas Peoples Manifesto on Radio4 ?
                      Currently a new series is being aired, wednesdays at 6.30 pm. On this programme comedian and political activist Thomas takes suggestions from the public that should be made law. Some are comic but some are serious so the prgramme is very funny and informing at the same time. In last years series someone suggested that honesty and transparency should be present and shown in all transactions, e.g. a manufacturer should state to their customers just how much raw materials, labour, production and transportation costs were in the making of their product so that the buying price could be seen to be fair or not.
                      I would support such a move to bring this idea into law, unfortunately the capitalist profiteering system would collapse if this was so. After all products are not manufactured in the far east in order to make them cheaper for the consumer but for greater profit for the manufacturer and greater dividend for the shareholders.
                      would be interesting a can of coke would be about 4p

Comment

how much for a line lol

Comment

Working...
                        X