Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had a cue straightened successfully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had a cue straightened successfully?

I have done a search and have read that cues can be straightened by any reputable cuemaker.

I'm curious to know if anyone has had this done to their cue and if it changed the playing characteristics at all and also if the cue has stayed straight some time after the treatment?

I'm asking as one of my cues has a slight curve which is slightly annoying because I know it's there. Not sure if it causes me to miss or not though but the cue does play extremely well so I'm slightly reluctant to get the work done if one of the 2 above characteristics are affected.

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
    I have done a search and have read that cues can be straightened by any reputable cuemaker.

I'm curious to know if anyone has had this done to their cue and if it changed the playing characteristics at all and also if the cue has stayed straight some time after the treatment?

I'm asking as one of my cues has a slight curve which is slightly annoying because I know it's there. Not sure if it causes me to miss or not though but the cue does play extremely well so I'm slightly reluctant to get the work done if one of the 2 above characteristics are affected.
    Probably had 20+ cues straightened and haven't noticed any difference in playing after. For a very minor bend they'll they wont need to steam it (after which the cue would require some degree of refinishing), for small bends its just a physical bending of the cue the other way - but obviously they know how much force to apply and when to stop!

Re staying straight, small ones usually do.. larger bends may go back to some degree. I take mine to craftsman, and if they think it'll start to bend back they just keep it longer and do multiple straightenings.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X