How do you keep your cue at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep your cue at home?

Hi! I was thinking should I keep my cue inside the case lying on the floor? or hang it just like those snooker salon does.

Got 5 in cases the other 5 just lent up against a wall in the kitchen awaiting a rack, which will hopefully home all of them when it arrives :snooker:
    Last edited by willtyson; 28 March 2012, 06:09 PM.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

All of mine are in cases and they all used to be under the bed but now, because the wife decided on a devan, they are all in the clearing under the stairs - anywhere were they do not get kicked about by the kids running round
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I actually hang all the cues in the wardrobe. sounds weird.

Comment

not that weird
          that has been mentioned on TSF in past a few times
          I cant because of all the wife's clothes!

Comment

haha! can't help it. unless you got her a new wardrobe to store her clothes!

Comment

she has two already!

Comment

Originally Posted by jarstin View Post
                haha! can't help it. unless you got her a new wardrobe to store her clothes!
                I was considering converting a big old wardrobe into a cue cupboard, but then I only had 10 cues and seemed a lot of work for the sake of ten Would like to see a member on here who has a big collection (100+) to have a walk in wardrobe to store them in, that would be cool!
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Cool! I hope to see it here too.

Comment

I had that many at one stage the Missis Couldnt get into Bed!!....lol

All mine are in Cases safe in the walk in wardrope.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                      I had that many at one stage the Missis Couldnt get into Bed!!....lol

All mine are in Cases safe in the walk in wardrope.

Gaz.
                      How many cues you got then gazza ? and a good mix of makes ??
                      What is your most used playing cue ?

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                        Got 5 in cases the other 5 just lent up against a wall in the kitchen awaiting a rack, which will hopefully home all of them when it arrives :snooker:
                        Hope it's in the post will as leaning them against a wall is a big no no !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Hope it's in the post will as leaning them against a wall is a big no no !!!

Bit of a myth methinks.. it's temp and moisture that bends cues.
                          If you pop behind the counter at craftsman, all his old cues are usually leant in the corner, so they obviously have no concerns!
                          ... another mythbuster, tried learning a cue 'the wrong way' to straighten it? It wont!
                          Last edited by perpetualboredom; 28 March 2012, 09:12 PM.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            Bit of a myth methinks.. it's temp and moisture that bends cues.
                            If you pop behind the counter at craftsman, all his old cues are usually leant in the corner, so they obviously have no concerns!
                            That's coz they know how to straighten them
                            Rather not do it just in case, or try to make sure they are as vertical as possible

Comment

I had a Ye Olde Ash for many years and then stopped playing. Kept it in one of the old metal cases in a wardrobe. Had a look at it about a year later and was still perfectly straight, then leaned it almost straight up in a corner of the room for a few minutes and forgot to put it back in it's case. Maybe a week or two later, found still standing there and it had a small bend a few inches from the tip. Somebody wanted to buy it sometime later and paid me quite good money for it with this small bend in it. ..... So do not lean cues up a wall for any length of time, or you will be sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X