Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice from the Knowledgeable Users here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice from the Knowledgeable Users here.

Hi

I am ready to purchase a quality Snooker Cue. My budget is up to $350.00. My location is Canada..

I have found two cues that I like but have never played with them. I have found a site on the web which is Canadian and am interested in the " Peradon " Line.........Now my concern is I cannot see what would be the difference between :

- Peradon Per05 $328.49 and a
    - Peradon Per04 $248.49

I have downloaded the Product Descriptions of each and they are identical except for
    - Peradon Per05- Hand spliced ebony with red and yellow stained stripes
    - Peradon Per04- Hand spliced ebony, sycamore and kingwood

Would this account for the $80.00 difference? Would there be any playing difference between them? What would determine which cue to buy, if you were unable to physically try them out ?

I am open for options and opinions

Thank you all
    Ron

Hi Ron ,

Have you contacted Terry Davidson , a fellow Canadian . Sometimes he has a few cues for sale .
    Don't know you exact location but it might be worth contacting him .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi Ron.
      I'm in the same boat as you but in Australia.
      Coincidently I have been looking for a cue with the
      same budget, which is why I stumbled on this
      forum and your thread.
      I would think that a difference of £30 or so to
      upgrade from veneer to sycamore and kingwood
      would probably tempt me to get the Per04
      after reading up on the qualities of both timbers.
      Good luck in your search for the right cue, I'm interested in knowing what you decide on!

Comment

You have landed in the right place Orph.

Comment

For 350 pounds you could do a lot better than a peradon cue. I would try a GBL cue or a master cue b4 anything from peradon. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Not totally sure, as he didn't specify but I believe that the OP meant $350 Canadian Dollars (approx £220)

Comment

You cant go wrong with " MASTER CUE " from Thailand, you could purchase a nice 1 piece ( Ash with a plain ebony butt) for about $250. The gentlemen to deal with is "UKRIT". I would rate the Master cue 10 times better than the peradon. I've had cues from just about all the top cue makers, with the exception of "Mike Wooldridge".

Comment

I'm seriously considering a Mastercue Probutt at the moment, other choice would be a Mike Wooldridge Shark but not sure when they'll be available again. Both should be within your budget with shipping and maybe a case.

Comment

My friend got a Craftsman Cue which turned out to be a superb hitting cue - far better than a Paris IMHO and for a great price. However, because its not top class, the shaft may warp on you in transit which is what happened to my friend. Craftsman sent him a new shaft free of charge which didn't move in transit. I have also heard some good things about Thailand cues but I caution you to get a one piece as the joint systems on lower budget cues tend to be hit and miss (if its unaligned by only a hair, it can greatly affect the hit). I have tried a Ukrit cue but wasn't impressed with the joint. I had a Peradon Pro 3/4 cue for about a year which I bought used from a seller in UK and it turned out to be a lucky buy. I won a local tournament with it last year and then sold it. I like the Peradon cue range and would recommend it but again ask for a one piece cue. With any lower end cues, and assuming you are going with ash, you are likely to get younger ash wood. Joints on mid-range cues tend to be unreliable and not perfect all the time.
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
                  X