Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important lesson about how to deal with cues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic's of New Stamford cue

As promised some pictures of the new cue as well as the new case..
    Last edited by Guy3103; 8 July 2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics! Looks Nice...

Comment

guy3103,
        regarding the 3rd picture (the shafts of both cues are shown) it looks like the splice of the stamford is slightly distorted at the very edge?

Comment

Important lesson about how to deal with cues!

Shohin don't you think the guy feels bad enough already ?

Comment

hey mark62,
            i do not think that guy3103 feels bad. he is maybe annoyed of himself which i could really understand!..he told that the cue plays great (which is most important) and some small dents on the cue will not affect the playing. also, the problems can be easily fixed, so no problem to worry about. moreover, the cue looks great! and after all, it was just an innocent question. but, in case i put my fingers to deep into the wound, i apologize, of course!!

Comment

As already said Stamford could have done this for you for Free as a goodwill gesture with you Buying the Cue & Case from them which isnt cheap and you Only had it one day!

The Cues do look good and the Shafts also Especially the Mike Wooldridge Shaft looks stunning!!

Comment

Got to agree with Gareth......the shaft on the MW looks amazing . Very even chevrons .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Just to put an end to this funny/sad story... I got my Stamford cue back last week all repaired and oiled just as brand new. The cue is a cracker and definitely one of my top 3 cues thus far. Actually had a practice session with Alan Trigg recently, who should be a member on here, and among other things we had a short chat about cues during which he asked me if I had a Stamford cue, saying he thinks their 1pc cues are the best in the world right now.

Anyways, I went through this whole thread now and I must say that I really appreciate all the members who took their time to comment and try and help with the little problem I had

Oh and by the way after completing the work on the cue Stamford sent me an email saying they have decided to make the work for free and that I will only have to cover the postage costs... so happy ending after all
                  Last edited by Guy3103; 22 October 2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                    Just to put an end to this funny/sad story... I got my Stamford cue back last week all repaired and oiled just as brand new. The cue is a cracker and definitely one of my top 3 cues thus far. Actually had a practice session with Alan Trigg recently, who should be a member on here, and among other things we had a short chat about cues during which he asked me if I had a Stamford cue, saying he thinks their 1pc cues are the best in the world right now.

Anyways, I went through this whole thread now and I must say that I really appreciate all the members who took their time to comment and try and help with the little problem I had

Oh and by the way after completing the work on the cue Stamford sent me an email saying they have decided to make the work for free and that I will only have to cover the postage costs... so happy ending after all
                    i think that is a very generous offer.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

A happy ending then, have you taken the pictures down? Was interested in seeing them, and they don't seem to be there anymore.
                      :snooker:

Comment

I'll take some new pictures of it soon and post them on here..

Comment

Working...
                        X