Maguire wins PTC1 with new GBL cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maguire wins PTC1 with new GBL cue

Less that two weeks ago Stephen Maguire drove down from Scotland to Greenbaize in Teesside. He spent a few hours trying out various new cues from Stu Greens stock of cues before finally settling on a one piece maple GBL cue with an elkmaster tip on.
    Last night, playing with that same cue he won the first PTC event.

Stu Greens set up at Greenbaize is just about unique as you can choose from hundreds of cues in just about every spec imaginable and actually try them out on a lovely tournament table. Stu will even change the tip on any cue to let you try the cue that you like with the tip that you like.

I have no affiliation to Greenbaize but am lucky enough to live only 20 minutes drive away so go through as often as I can. Stu is one of the nicest, most genuine people you can ever meet and deserves every credit.

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

I noticed that he was playing with a maple cue, very nice cue He played well, Lewinski is also a very good player, a good match to watch. I was wondering if he was the one who did not play with a Parris Cue. Cheers,
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Yes the only one! Maguire is becoming the scottish Dominic Dale, this must be about the 5th or 6th cue he's used in the last couple of seasons. Amazing that he's finding his best form, perhaps this is the key to success, keep changing cues to get the mind more focussed!

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
        Stu Greens set up at Greenbaize is just about unique as you can choose from hundreds of cues in just about every spec imaginable and actually try them out on a lovely tournament table. Stu will even change the tip on any cue to let you try the cue that you like with the tip that you like.
        Thanks for the info, Oldgit, I thought it was Maquire the only one without a Parris cue (as per other thread about JP's tweet) but I thought he was playing with Raymo147's Exquisite cue. cheers
        Do you know which model he went for?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Thanks for the info, Oldgit, I thought it was Maquire the only one without a Parris cue (as per other thread about JP's tweet) but I thought he was playing with Raymo147's Exquisite cue. cheers
          I think he was using it in last tournament in china where he lost in the early round.
          My deep screw shot
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

The cue Raymond made him was 3/4 the one he used was one piece if I remember correctly? I'd also be interested in what model he went for. Nice to see another pro steering away from the John Parris cue!
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

[QUOTE=DeanH;657176]

Its the C8 model of GBL range.
              I had the same model in ash and sold it here to Sanman.
              My deep screw shot
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Just checked the website and the range goes up to C7... how does that make sense?

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                  Just checked the website and the range goes up to C7... how does that make sense?
                  Hi, the range goes to C10 ( C1 - 10 different splice designs )
                  The pictures in the GBL page on the website only go up to C7, check out the shop forum you will see cues in the shop and the other 3 designs.
                  Great result for Mr Maguire winning 1st time out with a new cue !
                  www.greenbaize.com

Comment

[QUOTE=sunny3909;657179]

Its the C8 model of GBL range.
                    I had the same model in ash and sold it here to Sanman.
                    best cue i ever had and i have used cues from lotsa top makers. Parris woolridge TW glover etc from UK. And mastercue omin etc from thailand. The GBL is absolutely perfect in just about every respect. Splicework materials used and balance on the cues is really something else. Stu offers a superb service for a very reasonable price. And for what i paid for it i wont ever complain. My playing cue. For life.

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenBaize View Post
                      Hi, the range goes to C10 ( C1 - 10 different splice designs )
                      The pictures in the GBL page on the website only go up to C7, check out the shop forum you will see cues in the shop and the other 3 designs.
                      Great result for Mr Maguire winning 1st time out with a new cue !
                      how about posting pics of the C8 to C10 range here Stu and updating your range in your website

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                        how about posting pics of the C8 to C10 range here Stu and updating your range in your website
                        New GBL website being made now !
                        www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenBaize View Post
                          New GBL website being made now !
                          Maguire can win ptc or any other ranking events with a club cue, cue action is what he use.

Comment

Green baize cues are top quality and priced well too. Met Stu a few times and he's a top bloke, great set up too being able to try out cues.
                            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by iphone View Post
                              Maguire can win ptc or any other ranking events with a club cue, cue action is what he use.
                              No Maguire couldnt win a PTC with a club cue you doyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X