Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angled ferrule??

Hi all

I have a cue and I noticed that the ferrule where i put the tip is at an ever so slight angle... Will this have an effect on striking or will it not matter as long as the tip is put on flat and shaped well??

Thanks
    Last edited by jono*; 5 August 2012, 03:12 PM.

Put some stiff selotape around the ferrule so that the tape just touches the short side of the ferrule. Wrap it so that the tape crosses over perfectly when it goes all the way round. You'll then see the extent of any slope on the ferrule. It all depends on the extent of the slope and the position. For example if the slope runs top of the ferrule (chamfer being uppermost) to the bottom, not much problem, just a slight adjustment in your use of top and screw/stun. If the slope runs right to left, that's a different problem and much more serious due to unintended side being a possibility. I shaved a ferrule back for a friend, who had a similar problem. It's pretty easy, but you have to go slowly and carefully. Shave back to the tape using a file or dremel on a low speed setting. Getting the new head perfectly flat is the tricky bit. If you don't want to do this yourself (should you be unhappy about any slope on the ferrule), I'm sure a local cue maker/repairer could do this for you for not very much, as part of a retip job.
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Won't make any difference at all if you have a well fitted tip on there.

Comment

Working...
      X