• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you read this thread at all?

Comment

• Any updates pottr enjoyed the thread.

Comment

• This is a very good read, I am very interested to hear more on the Dave Coutts and Robin Cook cues, hahaa.
        a bad player who love cues

Comment

• My parris order changed to in progress about two months ago.

Robin Cook was polite enough to contact me to cite reasons why he had fallen behind with the intended time frame for the cue... He offered to complete the cue as soon as it is possible to which I have no problem with.

Turns out my deposit for the Coutts Cue was never recieved. I was skeptical about this, but it really wasn't. I checked with my bank and the cheque I sent to the gentleman was infact never cashed... Shame.

Anyway, I have decided not to go ahead with placing an order as I am incredibly happy with my TW cue.

When my JPU comes, I will likely only play a few shots with it before selling it on or placing it in the cabinet with my MW and my Mac cue. TW delivered me a cue on time, to spec and it played right immediately. It is quite simply my cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            My parris order changed to in progress about two months ago.

Robin Cook was polite enough to contact me to cite reasons why he had fallen behind with the intended time frame for the cue... He offered to complete the cue as soon as it is possible to which I have no problem with.

Turns out my deposit for the Coutts Cue was never recieved. I was skeptical about this, but it really wasn't. I checked with my bank and the cheque I sent to the gentleman was infact never cashed... Shame.

Anyway, I have decided not to go ahead with placing an order as I am incredibly happy with my TW cue.

When my JPU comes, I will likely only play a few shots with it before selling it on or placing it in the cabinet with my MW and my Mac cue. TW delivered me a cue on time, to spec and it played right immediately. It is quite simply my cue.
            Like to know what in-progress actually means at Parris.

Comment

• Nice ending pottr glad you found "my cue" an epic quest indeed. My jp butt got smashed a few years ago and even tho i had rebuilt not the same. Tried a few cues (both tw's, jp, mw, glover, travis and coutts) but not the same. Dont know if its looking back and remembering thru rose tinted beer glasses. The search continues!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Like to know what in-progress actually means at Parris.
                I guess it means they eventually made a start on the cue

Comment

• I assume that's all it means JRC

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it takes to make a cue from start to finish?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Does anyone know how long it takes to make a cue from start to finish?
                      Depends on how you look at it and what you mean by start to finish. Also depends whether you factor in all the time for waiting at various stages or not.

Comment

• I think it's one of those piece of string questions.

How long you leave the shaft to settle between wood removal

probably varies among makers. How many splices, etc etc

Comment

• If you assume you've already prepared a shaft then not as long as most people think would be my answer.
                          I'm not sure many makers will tell you openly though.. It wouldn't be good for sales for one to say only x if everyone else says y.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• From start to finish, without letting the wood settle it won't be that long, but a lot will say they taper the shaft then leave it a while then second taper and leave again, so could be months, if you take out the time that woods left to settle then i shouldn't think it would be long at all.

Comment

• My JPU is completed and ready to be recieved... After nearly a two year wait, I am not entertaining the fact of using a cue other than my TW for the forseeable future...

Does anyone care to make me an offer on my brand new JPU... I have no shame in saying I will be looking to milk as much value from the cue as I can... I will give it a couple of weeks for members to make me an offer before I stick it on ebay and it goes to the Far East...

1 piece Maple - Ultimate
                              58"
                              19oz
                              29mm butt diameter
                              Thuya Burr front facing splice with thick Quilted Maple veneer.
                              Quick lock base joint
                              mini butt
                              Telescopic extension...

In total, I've paid just under £794.

I'm open to offers above that... I'll endeavour to respond to all messages...

Comment

• Great read this thread.

I wish i had that cash to offer you pottr but i do not. ( Especially when you factor in the Aussie $$ exchange rate and shipping as it would be $1600 Australian minimum )

I would love to see a Pic of it mate when you get it though and it sounds great even though i am not a real Maple lover and more an Ash man!
                                If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Working...
                                X