Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesworth Cues, anyone use them?

Afternoon Gents,

I've had some tips from Chesworth Cues (Sheffield) via ebay which were posted quickly; good service. I wondered if anyone uses the shop and knows Martin? Are his cues good, e.g. O'min.
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Well O'min cues are not his lol, i had an O'min once, it was a very nice cue indeed.
    Martin also did/does have cues with his name on the badge, but i believe not made by him, just bought in, could be wrong there but that's what i heard.
    One thing that is true tho, his prices are way way above other people's so make sure you shop around, ie his Master cues can be £100 more than Greenbaize !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Well O'min cues are not his lol, i had an O'min once, it was a very nice cue indeed.
      Martin also did/does have cues with his name on the badge, but i believe not made by him, just bought in, could be wrong there but that's what i heard.
      One thing that is true tho, his prices are way way above other people's so make sure you shop around, ie his Master cues can be £100 more than Greenbaize !!!!

Yes JVC, he also stocks other brands and will make a cue to spec (from somewhere), not sure who does this? Surprised his cues are expensive, as he's very competitive on ebay, the cheapest around for tips IME. He sent me a Talisman M for a fiver, and it was in the triangle packaging, and a padded envelope which ain't cheap via RM.

Comment

Any reason you're trying a talisman now PP ? - have you used them before

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
          Any reason you're trying a talisman now PP ? - have you used them before
          I loved the O'min red tip when using spruce chalk. So I got thinking, maybe the way I felt about Talisman before would be different with different chalk. When I used one before, it wouldn't chalk with light green, lots of miscues, a pain. I also found them too hard. The spruce triangle chalk changes everything. If offers more grip, a better feel, and covers a Talisman well. The Talisman still requires chalking almost every shot compared to an O'min (maybe chalking just once every few shots with that tip). Deciding between the two is quite tricky, they're both good tips, but different. The Talisman may wear longer if reviews are to be believed, the O'min is cheap, the best value tip around. I'd say to folk, try both. And maybe try the Kamui too or a Moori?

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
            Afternoon Gents,

I've had some tips from Chesworth Cues (Sheffield) via ebay which were posted quickly; good service. I wondered if anyone uses the shop and knows Martin? Are his cues good, e.g. O'min.

I got a master cue of Martin last year and he is a nice bloke but a bit pushy, he has a 6*3 table so you can try cues out, if it wasn't for that you can get cheaper from others site and most of his stuff is over priced but he is helpful

Comment

Chesworth Cues, anyone use them?

Just don't try a screw shot on his table in the shop he goes into spasm its hilarious.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark62 View Post
                Just don't try a screw shot on his table in the shop he goes into spasm its hilarious.
                I think I'll give this one a miss, thanks for the warning. lol

Comment

Working...
                X