G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair play to you Mike and Gav great idea,

Now people who want a budget end cue, can now get a great playing cue!!

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
    Gav certainly exists, unlike the very dodgy "Aurora Richard" dressing up as a woman at weekends and calling himself Airin.
    Lol.....
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark62 View Post
      What a lot of fuss about a few cheap cues having a clean up.
      read the thread properly.

and remember what your mum told you. "if you have nothing good to say - shut the f*ck up"

Guys seriously stop and go play more snooker instead of getting excited by this trash.
      mark, seriously, stop and go play more snooker instead of wasting your time commenting on things you have no interest in.

Lets be honest if it was anyone else other than Mike doing this nobody would give a sh..e
      maybe that's the point. they know it's gonna be something worthwhile.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
        Fair play to you Mike and Gav great idea,

Now people who want a budget end cue, can now get a great playing cue!!
        thanks. we reckon we're doing the snooker/pool community a favour.

it's only the people who don't know the difference between their ar*e and their elbow that would not appreciate this fact.
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Can I ask, what price range will the G-Cues be? I understand it is probably too early but a rough idea?
          cheers
          Good question but we are not planning any pricing.

As I said they will be made one at a time, as and when, and listed here, shop, possibly eBay. Best offer takes it.

There will come a time when they will command a fixed price but for now the market will determine the price.

Can't say fairer than that eh?
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
            Good question but we are not planning any pricing.

As I said they will be made one at a time, as and when, and listed here, shop, possibly eBay. Best offer takes it.

There will come a time when they will command a fixed price but for now the market will determine the price.

Can't say fairer than that eh?
            yep, fair enough
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Talking from experience this is a good simple concept, thing is most cues even a really cheap one if tipped properly ferruled properly and finished nicely will feel much better but not everyone can do this sort of work or would even want to as it is time consuming and needs to be done right, so no point taking the risk if your unsure.

Some of these cheap cues are quite good underneath, others hide all kind of things which can lead to more unforeseen work, so it can be risky buying your own so if Gav/Mike are selecting them and sorting through the good and bad and doing what's needed it's got to be a much better option and means anyone regardless of budget can have the best cue they can afford with a better "feel" and finish than it probably came new........;-)
              Last edited by CueAntW147; 19 October 2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

At last!

Simple clarity.

Thanks
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Mike/gav great idea. Why are some people so negative and suspicious? Jealousy maybe. If buyers can get a bargain within their budget and promotes gavs talents whats up with that..

Comment

again. thank you.

why does everything have to be so difficult?
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

thats life ............................................

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        thats life ............................................
                        ..that's what people say. You're riding high in April, shot down in May.

Comment

What a lot of fuss about a few cheap cues having a clean up. Guys seriously stop and go play more snooker instead of getting excited by this trash. Lets be honest if it was anyone else other than Mike doing this nobody would give a sh..e
                          Which part of Gav is doing this not Mike do you not understand?!

Comment

It can only be a good thing, nice one Gav

Comment

HI Say you bought this altered cue by GAV and you do not like the cue is there a refund when buying this cue. Or are you stuck with the cue you just bought

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                                "what's this?" i hear you cry.

well i'll tell you...

two things:
                                1. cheap, great value, quality playing cues
                                2. unique one-off 100% hand made multi spliced cues

now, when i'm not looking, gav does things. sometimes i like it, sometimes i don't (for those who don't know, gav has worked on and off with me for around 15 years). and recently, he has taken to trawling ebay picking up a few selected 'cheap' cues, the chinese mass produced ones which are great value but often fall short on a number of playability issues.

anyway, he's been 'modding' them in his spare time and selling locally. to cut a long story short, these cues have been through what i call in the workshop the 'make sh*t shine' department

the methods we employ there have turned many a 'crap' cue into a real player, feeling and playing like a true quality cue (this also applies to many so-called 'good cues).

so what we have here is a source of very cheap cues that have been made into very good playing cues, at about the same retail price. win win situation.

but that's just the tip of the iceberg. more importantly, he will be making his own cues. strictly limited, one off designs, working under my 'guidance' right here at MW HQ (but no direct involvement).

yes folks, a new source of genuine uk hand made cues will shortly be available along with a limited selection of really good value modded cues. basically a cue for every budget.

this will be done in gav's spare time (he's needed by me of course), but the beauty of this is that he can just crack on and do what ever he wants with all the woods/veneers piled up in my workshop that i am never likely to get round to using.

i'd like to make a very important point here - gav has worked with me for a very long time (deserves a medal in itself), and he truly knows what makes a good, no, great, cue. so rest assured, quality will be equal to, or better than, any of the long established (and new) cue makers.

how will this work?

i'll be adding a section to my website when i get a chance, but for now i will post any available cues right here on this thread.

the first, original, 'G-Cue' will be a little while yet as we are very busy preparing for re-opening the shop, but i will offer some cheap 'modded' cues shortly to keep the budget conscious out there going.

one last thing, G-Cues will not be made to order. they will simply be made however, and with whatever, gav wants to make them. you will be able to customise them once they are posted/published but strictly no pre-orders will be entertained.

we don't need the pressure...
                                Hi Mike,Gav
                                Has this progressed any further> I have not seen any posted for sale or did i miss them?

Comment

Working...
                                X