Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrone Cues / Martin Daly.

Tyrone Cues / Martin Daly.

So for those that don't know are very own member platt (Martin Daly) has been making, repairing and tampering with cues for several years now and has at my request sent me one to review. I know over the years he has had help and advice from almost all the top cue makers, and I am pretty sure he does not intend to try and make a living selling cues, so a lot of time and effort has gone into the cue.

well basically it's stunning, level splices, perfect balance, best quality woods and a superb finish - i can't fault it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

yes i would be happy making that,need a jig of some sort for my splicing or better eyes lol

Comment

That is great work from Martin there, a man who certainly knows his cues! Does he know he is likely to be bombarded with emails wanting cues made now
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

looks well made for sure, amazed you haven't made a jig yet Jim.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          That is great work from Martin there, a man who certainly knows his cues! Does he know he is likely to be bombarded with emails wanting cues made now
          martin has said he doesn't want loads of people hassling him for cues - when he has them for sale he will send them to me! i think the fear of ending up like dan shelton or doing it because you have to rather than you want to has prompted this move!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            martin has said he doesn't want loads of people hassling him for cues - when he has them for sale he will send them to me! i think the fear of ending up like dan shelton or doing it because you have to rather than you want to has prompted this move!
            It's the right thing to do and this approach is working for other new cuemakers too. Anyone interested in and respectful of cuemaking as a craft will understand this and let somebody with a real passion for cues enjoy what he is doing and make some lovely cues along the way.
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments, Its a hobby and trust me when i say it will remain that....i really happy Andrew liked the cue...

Comment

Looks a lovely cue! If you finish another and ever fancy selling one I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it with splicing like that :snooker:
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                  It's the right thing to do and this approach is working for other new cuemakers too. Anyone interested in and respectful of cuemaking as a craft will understand this and let somebody with a real passion for cues enjoy what he is doing and make some lovely cues along the way.
                  i believe trevor told martin recently he wished he had done the same!

Comment

Nice looking cue. Anyone who can finish a cue like that is a true craftsman. Dabbling in cue making myself at the moment and such a hard craft to try to perfect. Hope I get to that stage sooner or later lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by platt View Post
                      Thanks for your kind comments, Its a hobby and trust me when i say it will remain that....i really happy Andrew liked the cue...
                      totally agree with you martin

Comment

Cracking looking cue Martin..... fair play to mate keeping it as a hobby and enjoying it!!
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Nice cue that. How much would that be?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ains147 View Post
                            Nice cue that. How much would that be?
                            contact andrew....

Comment

I guess I should be open to offers, or I could keep it till its worth a fortune!

Comment

Working...
                              X