Help/advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/advice needed

Hi guys I thought I would post this here so I can see everyone's opinion on a difficult situation I find myself in regarding a cue I just purchased. I bought a cue from a TSF member (who was selling it for a friend). Now the cue arrived yesterday and it has a small dent in the lower part of the shaft which I didn't mind too much then I noticed 1 of the ebony splices is lifting. The cue was ordered brand new from craftsman in December so who is responsible? TSF member, his mate or craftsman? I paid by PayPal gift so I'm guessing I'm up **** creek without a paddle but I thought I'd ask some members opinion on what you would do.
    Cheers
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Probably all of them are at fault somewhere along the line but like you said you're probably going to struggle to get it sorted as you paid paypal gift- your best bet is probably to take it to a cue maker and have them fix it. Might cost a little more than wanted but at least you can then sell if you want to and make a few quid back on it or it'll then at least be playable so you can use it. That's what I'd personally do anyway. Hope it gets sorted for you mate
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Thanks will mate, I wish I had just bought your mastercue instead now but just couldn't afford the extra cash at the time, even though getting this fixed is gonna cost me

Comment

These things happen mate, you're never going to always get a perfect sale when dealing with people through the internet as there are some cretins about- not that the seller that sold you it neccersarily is as people can make honest mistakes. Otherwise stick it on ebay and list that it's a little bit dodgy make some money back and then buy my Mastercue
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

You are right there will but I have done business with this TSF member before so I'm sure it is an honest mistake but that doesn't help me much, as I said before I didn't mind the small dent on the lower part of the shaft but the splices lifting is a bit of a nightmare to be honest. Any idea of the cost to fix it? I might just have to eBay it as the shaft is amazing, its looks like a parris ultimate shaft

Comment

Hard to know without seeing it but probably about £30-£50, all depends on how bad it is really.

Comment

It's a 1 piece cue with what looks like a small crack coming from the bottom of the ebony splices, its gotta be just over an inch long. It just doesn't seem worth it to spend £30-50 on a cue that cost me £180 inc an extension. Might have to just list it honestly on here and eBay but that would leave me no playing cue as my 3/4 robin cook is for sale on eBay and here, the only other cue I have is the 1 pc Phoenix cue I just received with these problems!! It's a nightmare buying cues on the Internet sometimes, I may have to buy a replacement before I sell this 1
              Last edited by rob s; 21 February 2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Well, you know where I am if you need to buy one lol Otherwise simple answer there is- keep the Robin Cook! :snooker:

Comment

if the robin cook was a 1 piece I wouldn't be selling it to be honest, I just can't use a 3/4 now I've been fully converted to a 1 piece cue owner

Comment

I know what you mean, I've had a few 3/4 and my current playing pool cue is 3/4 but I've had that a while and it's just what I've got used to, however my snooker cues (bar 1) are all 1 piece as they're definitely more solid feeling.

Comment

I'd call Craftsman's, Tell them everything what happened and that you came here to tsf for advise, an you were best advised to contact them 'CMan's' directly.
                      Iv dealt with them and they were always helpful.. You never know you might get a squeeze if you mentioned tsf
                      I know your frustration, good luck rob

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                      Hi guys I thought I would post this here so I can see everyone's opinion on a difficult situation I find myself in regarding a cue I just purchased. I bought a cue from a TSF member (who was selling it for a friend). Now the cue arrived yesterday and it has a small dent in the lower part of the shaft which I didn't mind too much then I noticed 1 of the ebony splices is lifting. The cue was ordered brand new from craftsman in December so who is responsible? TSF member, his mate or craftsman? I paid by PayPal gift so I'm guessing I'm up **** creek without a paddle but I thought I'd ask some members opinion on what you would do.
                      Cheers
                      Last edited by j6uk; 21 February 2013, 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

There's another thread with this sort of thing. The seller is the one who should make reparation with you.

If you paid through paypal, you can open up a case within 45 days of the date of purchase to voice your complaint. Must confess, not sure if this applies with the gift payment feature but I shouldn't see why not.

If your paypal account is with a credit card you should notify your credit card provider too.

The goods you purchased are not of satisfactory quality.

Why should craftsman cues be liable to sort this?

Comment

I agree pottr but the seller has not offered a refund and I paid by PayPal gift. I have spoke to craftsman cues just now and they were extremely helpful but I feel the seller should deal with this even if he was selling for a friend. I have sold cues for friends and any problems I would deal with especially if the buyer paid the money directly to my PayPal account. If I hadn't paid by PayPal gift I would send the cue back and get a refund as it is not as described but that ship has already sailed

Comment

Yes agreed, though I'm looking at it that you don't get a refund from your seller. It sounds like the cue is a good cue apart from the lifting and the dent right? Is there any pics of the cue?

Comment

The seller should deal with it!

Contact paypal and open a case for resolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X