Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered my cue!

hello there,

so as the title suggests, i've just ordered my cue. a John Parris Regency cue. 58" 18.5 oz 9.5 tip elk master,etc.
    i wanted to know the current waiting times for these cues?

paid my 100 deposit, and will pay another chunk next week. do that again,before i get my dispatch email. [the winter fuel gas shafted me big time! lol ] so anyways, can any one recommend a really good 3/4 cue case. something hard and very insulated. or shall i get my brother, whos a joiner to make a solid one out of wood.

so far I've been keeping my cue, actually have 3 cues in my car boot. and there's been no warping. does warping occur because of going from extreme temperatures, or what? i dont have a clue. up here in Burnley, temperatures been going from -5 to 5. tonight its about 0. if i was in a hot country, i understand temperatures change quite dramatically, in the day it can be 20c, then at then its close c. but not here in Burnley.

i would really appreciate your advice guys. thanks

Yeah don't leave cues in your car mate, will definitely warp i would say

Comment

Says 8 to 12 weeks on the Parris site for your cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Yeah don't leave cues in your car mate, will definitely warp i would say
        thanks. ive currently got 3 cheap cues and it hasn't happened so far, but i would definitely not do it with the jp cue! lol i cant keep them in the club because if im out, i go to the nearest club. and secondly the i've known of instances where good cues have been used by other players, as they just put in an umbrella type of stand!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Says 8 to 12 weeks on the Parris site for your cue
          thanks mate. got plenty of time to cough the rest of the money then! yay!

Comment

Definitely would not leave a cue just sitting in the car. The more constant the temp the less chance of any warping occurring and they should be on a nice level surface not sitting in a car boot. Mike Wooldridge has some nice cases on his site but I dont think its open right now. Plenty of other good cases around also. Below is a few from Cue Craft, Mastercue, etc

William cues 050.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by biggus stickus View Post
              Definitely would not leave a cue just sitting in the car. The more constant the temp the less chance of any warping occurring and they should be on a nice level surface not sitting in a car boot. Mike Wooldridge has some nice cases on his site but I dont think its open right now. Plenty of other good cases around also. Below is a few from Cue Craft, Mastercue, etc

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13438[/ATTACH]
              a big thank you mate. how about inside, the practicality of them, have they got enough space for a chalk, a cloth plus some more?
              which ones do you use, and why?

Comment

I usually use my MW cue and case is 3rd down from the top. Plenty of room for extensions, chalk etc Some open cases below.
                1st one is Cue craft case with Peter Gilchrist cue, 2nd one Mastercue case with Trevor white cue and 3rd Cue craft Aluminum with Mastercue inside, which is a much cheaper case.

William cues 074.jpg Trevor White.jpg William cues 054.jpg

Comment

I usually use my MW cue and case is 3rd down from the top. Plenty of room for extensions, chalk etc Some open cases below.
                  1st one is Cue craft case with Peter Gilchrist cue, 2nd one Mastercue case with Trevor white cue and 3rd Cue craft Aluminum with Mastercue inside, which is a much cheaper case.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13439[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13440[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13441[/ATTACH]
                  thank you very much mate. i appreciate your help. the quality of the first 2 but the closing mechanism, [if you know what i mean] of the 3 rd one would be ideal imo? i dont fancy buckles , like on the first 2

Comment

Fair enough. You dont need to use the buckles as there are 3 catches as well but if Im not using a cue for a while I buckle them up. The Cuecraft is a good strong case for around 50 pound I think. Check out their website as there are plenty of different models on there.
                    Cheers

Comment

Fair enough. You dont need to use the buckles as there are 3 catches as well but if Im not using a cue for a while I buckle them up. The Cuecraft is a good strong case for around 50 pound I think. Check out their website as there are plenty of different models on there.
                      Cheers
                      Thank you. I will. Cant wait for the cue!

Comment

Adr on here(same as ebay name) has an ebay shop with sells cuecraft cases, cost about the same as buying directly, so check that out as well, secondly I'm off later to look at different peradon aluminium cases, so I'll let you know how they compare to cuecraft...
                        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                          Adr on here(same as ebay name) has an ebay shop with sells cuecraft cases, cost about the same as buying directly, so check that out as well, secondly I'm off later to look at different peradon aluminium cases, so I'll let you know how they compare to cuecraft...
                          thank you southpaw. i'll keep checking back to read your case reviews later

Comment

Originally Posted by just-browsing View Post
                            hello there,

so as the title suggests, i've just ordered my cue. a John Parris Regency cue. 58" 18.5 oz 9.5 tip elk master,etc.
                            i wanted to know the current waiting times for these cues?

paid my 100 deposit, and will pay another chunk next week. do that again,before i get my dispatch email. [the winter fuel gas shafted me big time! lol ] so anyways, can any one recommend a really good 3/4 cue case. something hard and very insulated. or shall i get my brother, whos a joiner to make a solid one out of wood.

so far I've been keeping my cue, actually have 3 cues in my car boot. and there's been no warping. does warping occur because of going from extreme temperatures, or what? i dont have a clue. up here in Burnley, temperatures been going from -5 to 5. tonight its about 0. if i was in a hot country, i understand temperatures change quite dramatically, in the day it can be 20c, then at then its close c. but not here in Burnley.

i would really appreciate your advice guys. thanks
                            I ordered a cue from the Parris collection. I'm into week 16 now and still waiting. My order status changed to in progress 5 weeks ago. Ignore the website estimates of 8 - 12 weeks it depends how busy they are and with the World Championships a few weeks away they are going to be very busy.
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                              I ordered a cue from the Parris collection. I'm into week 16 now and still waiting. My order status changed to in progress 5 weeks ago. Ignore the website estimates of 8 - 12 weeks it depends how busy they are and with the World Championships a few weeks away they are going to be very busy.
                              so i'll probably get it for Autumn then! oh well, i intend to have it for the rest of my days. i keep calling put they're always engaged! have they got only one person on the phone?

Comment

Working...
                              X