higgins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• higgins

has john Higgins changed his cue again ?

he got a TW last year (Aug/Sep), then had some mods, then probably some more mods
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Doesn't look like it but if he carries on playing like this it won't be long before he does!
      He's been pretty poor most of the season in all honesty and I've said it time and time again he is not confident over distance with this cue. He hits so many shots thick, whether its a long pot or safety shots, he doesn't look comfortable at all with any shot over 9ft. In the balls he can still score as well as ever but at this level if your long game and your safety, two of his other strengths, are missing then you are going to lose more often than not and results prove this.

Comment

very true,i just noticed he has a cue that looked like snake wood in the butt,and this cue he is playing with in china open doesnt look like snake wood.

Comment

Are you getting a TW, AJR?

Comment

had a tw made last yr,a mannock replica just couldn't get on with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by ajr147 View Post
              had a tw made last yr,a mannock replica just couldn't get on with it.
              Dang. Sweet cues though.. sorry to hear it didn't work out

Comment

John "The Tinkerer" Higgins has tinkered too much with his Trevor White, I'm sure he doesn't even know himself what he likes anymore!
                Last edited by SouthPaw; 26 March 2013, 04:57 PM. Reason: Wrongly accused JH of having bladder trouble =p
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                  John "The Tinkler" Higgins has tinkled too much with his Trevor White, I'm sure he doesn't even know himself what he likes anymore!
                  Yup, he's always messing around with cues and I've no idea why. Surely any cue you've had 2 147's with is already the way it should be to suit you? As I've said before, I just think his game is starting to naturally decline and he's messing with cues as if it's going to somehow alleviate the issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    Yup, he's always messing around with cues and I've no idea why. Surely any cue you've had 2 147's with is already the way it should be to suit you? As I've said before, I just think his game is starting to naturally decline and he's messing with cues as if it's going to somehow alleviate the issue.
                    Lol I've just reread my post and I've made John to sound like he has a bladder problem, so I've done the right thing and changed it. I think your right ^^ and he just can't accept it.
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

It has nothing to do with any perceived decline in his game. He has tinkered with cues his whole career and is simply continuing with his unending mucking about.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                        It has nothing to do with any perceived decline in his game. He has tinkered with cues his whole career and is simply continuing with his unending mucking about.
                        Im aware of this, but the fact that his game seems to be on the decline seems to have spurred him on even more in the tinkering stakes.

Comment

Im aware of this, but the fact that his game seems to be on the decline seems to have spurred him on even more in the tinkering stakes.
                          It hasn't - he continues to tinker with his cues at about the same rate as he always has.

Comment

I would say he has tinkered about with this cue more than any other though. He's had numerous changes and people forget, he's only had the cue this season. He never had the amount of changes done to his previous cue, the north west, which he certainly produced his best form with. I see Ebdon has gone back to his old cue as well now, just wonder if Higgins will contemplate that option because at present he has no chance of doing anything at the crucible. Every aspect of his game looks off, this isn't a form issue or losing his ability, this is a player not confident with his cue IMO.

Comment

Sorry cueman but I find that hard to believe, he has made 147s with that cue so I'm sure it has nothing to do with the cue and he must like it or he would have swapped back already. Its just when you have a loss of form you look for reasons why and sometimes you think it is some minor issue with your cue, when it probably isn't, that my opinion on the matter anyway. Even on this form John could win the world championship as form can suddenly reappear and he is in the top 5 players to ever play the game
                              77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Working...
                              X