Best new £350 cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best new £350 cue?

Hi folks, what would be the best brand new cue available for a maximum £350 budget?

Fancy looks not important - Just the best quality cue for the money.

Looking at John Parris Classic or Ambassador, but wondered what else is comparable or better for that cash?

Have you seen Exquisite cues mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
      Have you seen Exquisite cues mate.
      I hadn't until you mentioned them... They look nice. How do they compare to something like a Parris?

Comment

I'd say for that budget you have some good options. A Parris won't be everyone's cuppa tea as some people are either very pro parris or very against. There really is no best cue option though you really just take a choice out of what is available for your budget.

Do you want a cue made to specific requirements or do you want a certain design or not, I'm guessing just a plain ebony cue is what you are after given the two choices you listed. Exquisite is a good shout, as to is Andy Travis who has recently just finsihed up 3 cues, one of the being a plain ebony/ash cue. Either of these are well within budget possibly with extension too.

I'd also consider phoenix cues on Craftsman cues website. They have a good choice of cues in various styles and choice of spec to suit. I used to play with a Parris for over 15 years but now use a Phoenix and in my honest opinion they are the best value for money cues on the market. The only negative is the lacquered butt, but the finish can be taken off if neccessary.

Comment

You could consider GBL cues from Greenbaize

Comment

Thanks for that - I used to play with an old Riley Ltd cue in the 80s, but stupidly sold it a few years ago. That was a plain ash shaft and ebony butt (1 piece) so I'd like something similarly plain.

I suppose I'm looking at Parris cues because they would appear to hold value very well.

Comment

Try The cue guru off this site mate, his cues are quality for the money

Comment

From what I've researched quality wise, you've got:

Phoenix cues
                MAC cues
                Crispian Jones
                John Parris
                Trevor White
                Mark Wooldridge.
                NICHE (Thai made)

Can't think of any more. There will definitely be more.

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                  From what I've researched quality wise, you've got:

Phoenix cues
                  MAC cues
                  Crispian Jones
                  John Parris
                  Trevor White
                  Mark Wooldridge.
                  NICHE (Thai made)

Can't think of any more. There will definitely be more.
                  Mark wooldridge lol, I think you mean Mike Wooldridge but for £350 you got no chance, his plain ebony cues are £450 plus delivery with no extensions.
                  John parris you would get a parris classic for £350 inc delivery, but in my opinion they are hit & miss either good or awful
                  Trevor white you might get a plain ebony for £350 if someone is feeling nice on TSF lol
                  Robin cook is a great option plain ebony around £320
                  Tony glover plain ebony within your budget
                  Stamford cues have some cues within your budget
                  Jason Owen is a good option for under £350
                  Andy Travis would be well under £350 as would Exquisite Cues, MAC cues
                  All of the above cuemakers would have waiting lists varying from 2-14 months but you can usually find 1 on here for sale
                  Phoenix, GBL, Master Cue, Maximus are all made in Thailand but are very good cues and you could get 1 of those with extensions within your budget
                  All depends if you wanna try before you buy, how long you are willing to wait and whether you can travel
                  Last edited by rob s; 9 May 2013, 09:08 PM.
                  77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

I think Trevor White is 340 for a plain 1 piece cue. 12 months waiting list.

Comment

You could get a custom Andy Travis and have change

Comment

Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
                        I think Trevor White is 340 for a plain 1 piece cue. 12 months waiting list.
                        A good choice ~~~~~ 12 months past very fast, no worries !

Comment

This is probably a stupid question but what makes one cue worth so much more then another one? I purchased a Juan Ying on ebay complete with mini extension and screw in telescopic extension plus case. All for $130 including shipping.
                          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I would certainly give Steve Grice a call. He will send you pictures of progress, is very easy to deal with and is a master craftsman. Hand made to your specs.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                              This is probably a stupid question but what makes one cue worth so much more then another one? I purchased a Juan Ying on ebay complete with mini extension and screw in telescopic extension plus case. All for $130 including shipping.
                              It doesn't really. Its just that English makers need to charge more for their timber and labour costs than the Chinese and Thai's do.
                              Give O'Sullivan a Yuan Ying cue and he will still knock in a 147 for you.
                              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X