My new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new cue

Used to play with a Peradon 1 pc ash years ago but moved to the convenience of a two piece cue when I started playing more pool than snooker.
    I have also been through a lot of cues both pool and snooker and luckily I have my own small shop for repairs and the odd build so I can experiment.
    I had been using one butt with different shafts for both games but never totally satisfied with the results as I feel I need an ounce or two less for the smaller balls or I lose my finesse and feel.
    I tried many different joints but never got that solid one piece hit.
    So I had an idea to build myself a new snooker cue using a 6 piece radial laminated blank married to an ebony butt via threaded and glued long tenon essentially eliminating the center joint, 3/4 jointed at 16" using phenolic collars to do away with the brass metal feel.
    I also used my own superlight super strong alloy ferrule to reduce deflection.
    Honestly and truly without bias this thing is unreal, solid well balanced no weird noises just a great one piece feel. It naturally weighs in at 18oz on the dot (not sure how that happened :smile
    Anyway I just wanted to share this story that to me there is something special about the way a one piece cue hits and this is as close as it gets, just need to bung in the thread for the extension.

That looks like 'slashers' table there.

I would be interested in trying out a cue like this just to see how it compares (who knows, it might be 'the one')!

Will send you a PM now that your count is higher.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
    X