Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor White Cue on Ebay "A ONE OFF"...and General postings !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor White Cue on Ebay "A ONE OFF"...and General postings !

Hello Everyone,

I would just like to clear up any confusion regarding a Trevor White cue i advertised on Ebay. I read some of the original posts which appear to have now been deleted. One in particular was written by Andrew Ramsay !!!

I do not normally post any comments on here but i felt after 2 calls from very well known cuemakers in the U.K. i felt i needed to clear this matter up.
    The cue advertised on ebay was exactly what i advertised, "A ONE OFF" and the only one made with the badge which read CHAMPION CUE (MADE IN IVORY).

I do think when posting anything on a website of this nature you MUST get your facts right. The original post placed by Andrew Ramsay stated that he and Oldgit...whoever he maybe?, sold the cue to me for £300, which is COMPLETELY INCORRECT. I bought the cue from Trevor White from an original order placed by Dominic Dale who informed Trevor that the cue was intended for me. The Badge in this cue was something Dominic had commissioned a long time ago and something i purchased from Dominic for inclusion in this cue. Trevor in fact still had posession of the badge at the time!

I do have 2 cues with similar badges from Dominic that read "Trevor White, Sole Maker, Bridgend" also in Ivory. Clearly there has been confusion that has led to the false comments on this forum regarding this cue.

I consider this forum a great website to share views and to get to know people directly in the Business, but i don't invite comments like these that bare no fact and are wholly inaccurate.

I may well in the future begin making other comments and views, and to even post images of my collection here.
    My credibility is important to me and therefore i have considered it very necessary to clear this matter up once and for all!

Thank you,

Chris Lloyd www.vintagebilliards.co.uk

Fair enough mate. Looked a lovely cue to be fair :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chris, is it true you have over 600 cues
      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
      S36 1LB

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
        Welcome to the forum Chris, is it true you have over 600 cues
        Good Morning And,
        More like 1, 600 Antique 1pc cues, hopefully I will be coming to see you in the bext couple of weeks for some work that need doing on them.

I intend to make cues this year. ..estimate July, I have all the equipment. ..just awaiting delivery of a 3phase convertor for my machinary.

Comment

Originally Posted by Davis980 View Post
          More like 1, 600 Antique 1pc cues
          That's a seriously nice collection your got going on there Chris, and also very sweet website to show them off!!

Welcome to the forum mate.....
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Nice website. Just too bad there's only one modern day cue for sale. If I was a collector instead of a player I would definitely check out all the cues available. I also noted the Trevor White cues you mentioned on the first post are not listed for sale, so I assume you intend to keep quite a collection.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thabks for your kind comments, are you a collector ?

Comment

Thanks Terry,
                My intention is to make it a mixture of both, I do have a vast collection of modern day cues, including 2 fabulous Hunt & Osborne Black Plates...numbered 91 and 99.
                I will keep you posted when I update the site...probably next week.

Comment

Thanks Terry,
                  My intention is to make it a mixture of both, I do have a vast collection of modern day cues, including 2 fabulous Hunt & Osborne Black Plates...numbered 91 and 99.
                  I will keep you posted when I update the site...probably next week.

I'm not jealous....honest ;p

Comment

Davis:

I would love to have a Black Plate as a playing cue, and I've had a couple of them but they were the wrong specs for me and I couldn't get on with them. The other problem of course is the price they fetch these days, which is just too much for a playing cue so I am using a Mike Wooldridge right now for a playing cue which has developed a couple of cracks (which I've repaired) and I have a Trevor White on order, although it will be a good wait for that one.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Everything Chris writes here is 100% correct and accurate.

How you doing Chris.?.... I hope all is well.

Hello Everyone,

I would just like to clear up any confusion regarding a Trevor White cue i advertised on Ebay. I read some of the original posts which appear to have now been deleted. One in particular was written by Andrew Ramsay !!!

I do not normally post any comments on here but i felt after 2 calls from very well known cuemakers in the U.K. i felt i needed to clear this matter up.
                      The cue advertised on ebay was exactly what i advertised, "A ONE OFF" and the only one made with the badge which read CHAMPION CUE (MADE IN IVORY).

I do think when posting anything on a website of this nature you MUST get your facts right. The original post placed by Andrew Ramsay stated that he and Oldgit...whoever he maybe?, sold the cue to me for £300, which is COMPLETELY INCORRECT. I bought the cue from Trevor White from an original order placed by Dominic Dale who informed Trevor that the cue was intended for me. The Badge in this cue was something Dominic had commissioned a long time ago and something i purchased from Dominic for inclusion in this cue. Trevor in fact still had posession of the badge at the time!

I do have 2 cues with similar badges from Dominic that read "Trevor White, Sole Maker, Bridgend" also in Ivory. Clearly there has been confusion that has led to the false comments on this forum regarding this cue.

I consider this forum a great website to share views and to get to know people directly in the Business, but i don't invite comments like these that bare no fact and are wholly inaccurate.

I may well in the future begin making other comments and views, and to even post images of my collection here.
                      My credibility is important to me and therefore i have considered it very necessary to clear this matter up once and for all!

Thank you,

Chris Lloyd www.vintagebilliards.co.uk

Comment

Good Morning Trevor,
                        Long time no hear !! Im fine matey, hope is all well with you.
                        Thanks for your input, just thought I would let everone know the fact, details and history of the cue.

Comment

Working...
                        X