No announcement yet.

Fake cues everywhere, I have an idea !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake cues everywhere, I have an idea !

Put an amber on the cue, or use an amber for the brand label.
    Cues with numbers, post the pictures of the cues and the enlarged photos of the ambers on a website.
    Anyone wants to check if his cue is original, compare his amber with the photos on the website.

Maybe something lost in translation here, but what's an amber ???
    And what stops any of the fakers doing it too, if it something very high tech, who pays for it ???

Comment

lost me with this one too ?

Comment

I think he means a number (not an amber) like a serial number . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Ahh so every single cue will have a unique number ?? and every cue needs to have pics on a website, yeah that's really going to happen ehh

Comment

Interestingly Jason Owen started off doing this, but it seems this page has been removed? Wonder why?
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Only a serial number is not enough.
              Amber can be bought in a low price.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Ahh so every single cue will have a unique number ?? and every cue needs to have pics on a website, yeah that's really going to happen ehh
                No, not every single cue, but only the 'ultimate' type ones . . . I know they can spray cars with a micro-dot paint that you can scan and it gives you a serial number which they use in high-end cars to stop them been broken down to parts and sold. Perhaps the badges could be sprayed.

http://www.wired.com/cars/energy/new...urrentPage=all

Last edited by mythman69; 30 June 2013, 01:07 AM.
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

An amber is something cannot be copied.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ngth_10_mm.JPG

Comment

too much fuss for any cue maker to get involved with. The only people that fakers really affect are the 2nd hand buyers or collectors, people who buy on Ebay etc. Most cue makers would be flattered to know that someone has gone to all that trouble to recreate a badge or joint to mimic theirs. JP is the most faked cue about and he's not really bothered by it, never affected his business, in fact he's never had so many orders.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                      Interestingly Jason Owen started off doing this, but it seems this page has been removed? Wonder why?
                      Can you explain what you are saying here, I just don't understand. Thanks.
                      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

He had a page on his website listing every cues number, design, etc - but it's no longer there. - Better?
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                          Can you explain what you are saying here, I just don't understand. Thanks.
                          Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          He had a page on his website listing every cues number, design, etc - but it's no longer there. - Better?
                          with added sarcasm, I like it.

Comment

Cues will be microchipped like dogs at this rate

If anything, the amount of 'fakes' will do Parris good, as people want to ensure they get the real deal, so will go straight to Parris' store instead of picking up a S/H cue.

Comment

Guys, I think the TS meant using amber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber) on the cue, most likely the badge.

Yeah, I'd fancy a badge made of amber. It's beautiful.
                              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                              X