"White Fox" New Hardwood from Unclevit CQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "White Fox" New Hardwood from Unclevit CQ

White Fox Wood. My workshop has found this RARE, EXOTIC and Unusual Hardwood from a Laos Timber Mill. Quite Expensive and very limited to find. Pricey than their beautiful Burl Wood, weight by weight. Workshop managed to get a minimal stock that would be good for some 10-15 cues only. Now cutting into splice sizes, and airdry. The first cue will be crafted for me. A few first custom orders have already been received. Don't know if it comes out beautifully or not, but hope so. Anyhow, for those who are seeking unusual wood species with unusual pattern, this might be the answer. Custom Price will be some 10-15% higher than our Laos Burl Wood cues. Will be great for 12-splice design cue. A rare and unusual cue collection. Workshop will only match this wood with their hi-end ash shaft (stiff with beautiful arrows), or maple shaft which comes from the maple boards that are recently purchased from a closing bowling hall (maple boards that are 20+ years old).

Send your interest to me at : suvitc@gmail.com Quantity of this White Fox wood is quite limited.
    It's in the Shaft

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
    White Fox Wood. My workshop has found this RARE, EXOTIC and Unusual Hardwood from a Laos Timber Mill. Quite Expensive and very limited to find. Pricey than their beautiful Burl Wood, weight by weight. Workshop managed to get a minimal stock that would be good for some 10-15 cues only. Now cutting into splice sizes, and airdry. The first cue will be crafted for me. A few first custom orders have already been received. Don't know if it comes out beautifully or not, but hope so. Anyhow, for those who are seeking unusual wood species with unusual pattern, this might be the answer. Custom Price will be some 10-15% higher than our Laos Burl Wood cues. Will be great for 12-splice design cue. A rare and unusual cue collection. Workshop will only match this wood with their hi-end ash shaft (stiff with beautiful arrows), or maple shaft which comes from the maple boards that are recently purchased from a closing bowling hall (maple boards that are 20+ years old).

Send your interest to me at : suvitc@gmail.com Quantity of this White Fox wood is quite limited.
    The white fox seems pretty,huh.

Anyone here used "Unclevit Brand" before? How is it?

By the way, a 20+ years maple makes any difference to normal maple?

Comment

here you are mate,...

Comment

Looks nice that Jim, very similar to pale moon ebony ??

Comment

pale moons the one on left john for comparison

Comment

Originally Posted by involver View Post
            The white fox seems pretty,huh.

Anyone here used "Unclevit Brand" before? How is it?

By the way, a 20+ years maple makes any difference to normal maple?
            I think that means more than 20 years of seasoning and therefore very stable? I remember Dominic Dale saying something similar about the English ash used for the Burrows and Watts Ye Olde Ash cues. The ash had been salvaged from the shipyards and was therefore very well seasoned.
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I don't know but I have seen several 'moon ebony' or 'stained ebony' or different ebony before. But this one tends to have lighter background and long black streaks. In Laos they also have different ebony woods amongst this one, but don't know why they still call this one 'white fox'. And the wood seller confirms that this wood is different. Anyhow, it will be good for collector's item, and if comes out with quality shaft then it will make an eye-catching hell of a cue. To my opinion. Thanks for the 3 orders today. Workshop confirms they have stock good enough for only 10-15 cues. Next purchase they have to go for at least 50 kgs. weight order. A big money to be spent !!
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                I think that means more than 20 years of seasoning and therefore very stable? I remember Dominic Dale saying something similar about the English ash used for the Burrows and Watts Ye Olde Ash cues. The ash had been salvaged from the shipyards and was therefore very well seasoned.
                Same reason, I think. I have done a few cues already with this bowling hall's maple boards, and they are very stiff, well dried, and well maintained throughout those servicing years. Don't know for anywhere else, but here many collectors are visiting one snooker club to another to find old club cues with good maple shafts. They will buy those cues and use those old maple shafts for their new cue makings. Many players are experiencing differences.
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

yep true but there is an urban myth that the wood was actually from Royal Navy ships but in reality they were unused stock and sold as wood was no longer required for the steel ship
                  There actual age was not known but estimate were >80yrs old when purchased. Hence YeOldAsh cues (1st edition especially) are sort after.

White Fox Wood, interesting look, not my taste but should look very interesting
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I see, thanks for the explanation, mate.

Comment

Just placed my order, looking forward to seeing the results

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Just placed my order, looking forward to seeing the results
                        I'm thought of getting a cue from unclevit, too, but dunno how it's playability is....? Have you try unclevit's cue before, jrc750?

Comment

I'm thought of getting a cue from unclevit, too, but dunno how it's playability is....? Have you try unclevit's cue before, jrc750?
                          Very high quality for money. Buy one.
                          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

The shafts usually look very good and price is very very good, playability cannot be guaranteed from any maker, so best to see for myself i suppose.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                              Very high quality for money. Buy one.
                              Thank you for the comment. will get in touch with unclevit soon

Comment

Working...
                              X