X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue shaft turns blue-green

Hello,

I was wondering of somebody has the same problem:

My cue is about 2 years old (Craftsman) and has a shade of blue-green over the shaft. I am certain this is because of chalk (i used to keep my chalks in my cuecase along with the cue). Now i don't put the chalk in my case anymore.

Does anyone has a solution to remove this shade shade without damaging the shaft? And how to do it..

Thanks!

A spot of white spirit on a duster and give it a rub, just a spot not soaking wet.

Comment

do not use white spirit, acids, alkalis and solvents.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrii View Post
        Dam thirty years of doing it wrong.

Comment

yep, chalk dust combined with sweat and grime
          I start with a weak detergent water mix, using paper towels, small amounts for each time so you are not wetting the wood too much, wipe the cue, do not allow the wet towel remain in contact with one area of wood for too long (i.e. do not "soak"), you will see a lot come off with little effort. Repeat with new piece of paper towel, until you towel does not lift any more.
          The cue may need reoiling (if it is oil that is )

The best would be to start a preventative routine (i.e. not to let the cue get dirty in the first place ), wash and dry your hands before and during playing, wipe you cue before, during and after to remove any chalk dust, etc.

see
          https://www.parriscues.com/cue_care/
          http://handmadecues.com/info/20-cuecare.htm
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrii View Post
            Andy did say a "spot" mate, not going to do any damage

Comment

should have put some pictures of a cue I re-finished last week for one of my teams mate, never seen a cue so green!, when he laid it on the table it disappeared!

Comment

I recently cleaned up a team mate's cue, who said "its not dirty?"
                So I showed him the towels
                and then the clean shiny maple that was the result. I notice now that he wipes his cue often
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                  should have put some pictures of a cue I re-finished last week for one of my teams mate, never seen a cue so green!, when he laid it on the table it disappeared!
                  Lol... almost spilled my beer...
                  When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                  X