How much does your cue matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does your cue matter?

Does the cue actually matter? Ive seen a video on youtube where a guy achieves a century break using a brush shaft which makes me wonder if the whole cue thing is all psychological....

Originally Posted by ayrshire_top View Post
    Does the cue actually matter? Ive seen a video on youtube where a guy achieves a century break using a brush shaft which makes me wonder if the whole cue thing is all psychological....
    Ive seen the video,I hate that guy
    "Practice Makes Perfect"
    "He Who Endures Conquers"
    "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

For making breaks for a good player then they can make them with any cue, within reason.

However snooker is a lot more than break building and what most players need when playing in matches is a cue they feel 100% confident with. All those safety shots, long pots, little roll ups, getting out of snookers, swerve shots, these are all things that are very difficult to judge if you aren't familiar with the cue you are using.

So yes its very important to stick with 1 cue, as you will see most pros down the years use the same one all their career.

Comment

It's important, but like all sports it the ability and mentality of the person that makes them a great player rather than the equipment they are using.

Comment

Thanks for the responses folks :-)

Comment

Which video?

Comment

Link for video please?

Comment

Me too, I can only play snooker like that on my tablet! :-)

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=snook...%20brush&sm=12

not the one I refer to but I'll keep looking, it was a while back.... This one shows the colours

Comment

Originally Posted by ayrshire_top View Post
                    Does the cue actually matter?
                    Yes I think it does matter much, else my fingers may some start hurting poking the cue ball around!

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes for me. cue is like ur weapon. when u believe it . u play with no worries . the rest is up to ur mental and other quality in game.

Comment

I'm sure you mean 'startrek167' - he's had his account suspended....

that guy was crazy good - line-ups alternating the colours, maxi's not touching cushions, a ton with a broom handle

goes to show how good the pro's are when he wasn't good enough (his own admission) to cut it.

I miss his youtube videos
                        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                        X