unknown cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown cue

just wondered what peoples thoughts are, I have asked another member to post pics
    it was given to me by my father in law who received it from a gentleman called bobby close a former professional only billiards player from Hartlepool, world amateur runner up English and ciu champion in billiards and former wpbsa board member, father in law met him in boilermakers club in Hartlepool, I knew bob and his son shaun and daughter Karen who both played snooker threw my own dad who knew bob very well,
    anyway father in law says that bob told him cue was made by Robert Osborne but badge is missing, is a very high quality cue with an aged ash shaft and plain ebony but, is 571/4 inches long about 9.5 mil tip and weighs 17 ounces
    anyway view pics when they go up and let me know what you think, I have owned two Robert osbornes and several other high end cues and think quality is as good as any I have seen few marks around flat but very good condition, not for sale just after any thoughts
    Craftsman custom made cue
    57 inches
    17 ounces
    9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
    ash shaft plain ebony butt

Last edited by DeanH; 3 May 2014, 04:19 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Email ron thru his website hes a good guy and may well be able to help. You may have to wait a little while for reply.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
        Email ron thru his website hes a good guy and may well be able to help. You may have to wait a little while for reply.
        did you mean Rob as in Robert Osborne
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Sorry, yes I wasnt sure about a cue in emailed him and he replied at length. Very nice of him to do so and sure hed help you in this case. Goodluck, and cue looks nice.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
            Sorry, yes I wasnt sure about a cue in emailed him and he replied at length. Very nice of him to do so and sure hed help you in this case. Goodluck, and cue looks nice.
            thanks I will give that a try, have emailed him in past about other stuff and as you say a gent but slow to respond
            Craftsman custom made cue
            57 inches
            17 ounces
            9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
            ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Working...
            X