Decent Cue - £150 - £200 - Doable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Cue - £150 - £200 - Doable?

Having looked around eBay and the classifieds on here, I am struggling to find a 3/4 cue in the £150 - £200 range that looks good (there is so much Chinese '**rare** snooker cue £30 starting bid with case and extensions' stuff on eBay I lost the will to live scrolling through the posts after the first few pages). I did buy an unbadged James Butters cue from Andy Gibbs a couple of weeks ago, which I played a few frames with and absolutely loved. It 'felt right'. Unfortunately, it had a slight warp to it and Andy (who was an absolute gentleman and fantastic to deal with, by the way) offered to take it back for a refund. Such a shame.

I am hoping that the new TSF cues from ADR become available sooner rather than later since they look fantastic. However, at the moment I have returned to the game, have no cue and am left to use warped club cues!! Hah. So whilst waiting, I'll think about hedging my bets and see what else is around. Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked at Ton Praram's website, but I don't really want to wait a few months and with import tax, etc... I think they would be well over my budget?

I am not naive. I know that I am not going to pick up an exquisite 'named' cue for my kind of budget, but there must be some decent cues out there for £200!?!? I refuse to believe the pricing of cues has got so ridiculous in the past few years that one must spend over £4/500 to get a half decent cue. I was lucky enough to pick up a JP Classic for £210 when I was last playing regularly, and it was a lovely cue to play with, but it appears that is likely to be a pipe dream now.

Thanks all.

Have a look here http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...u-cues-on-ebay

Comment

Give Stu at Green Baize a call/email, he'll sort you out, best customer service I've had in a long time, my new cue arrives today from him
      GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

Decent Cue - £150 - £200 - Doable?

I have a one piece Andy travis if you want to pm me

Comment

i'm sure ADR could sort you out if you ask nicely!
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
            i'm sure ADR could sort you out if you ask nicely!
            yes I actually have one he can have of mine just sort of forgot to mention it!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

You can buy any 3q master cue for around £150. Try welsh pool trading on ebay he is also a member on here he as lots of good cues for around £150. Craftsman cues have Phoenix cues for under £200 nice cues. Andy gibbs as some butters cues for that price also a member on here . Or if you want to save yourself a bit of cash and still get a nice decent cue try tiger cues they are good cues for the money. There's loads of choice.

Comment

I would also recommend Greenbaize/ton praram 3 series 1.

Comment

I bought a Welshpool Trading Powell Traditional model after going up to see them in person on Saturday. I have only had a couple of frames with the cue but it seems solid and very well made. Really nice, smooth finish too.

Once of the things that put me off picking one up when I first came across WPT on eBay was the lack of up to date comment on them. Once I've had a bit more time with the cue, I'll do a proper write-up for those who find themselves in the same position. Initial thoughts are that it feels solid and nicely made.

Comment

So nice to meet you and very pleased your happy with the cue.
                    Any problems don't hesitate to contact me.

After such a busy week of cue sales it looks like another batch needs to be started.
                    Going to add a few Maple shafts to the current range this time due to popular demand.

Bitter

Comment

Any chance of some one piece cues Bitter, say around the 18 Oz ,9.8 mill tip 58 inch, balanced at 17.5 as a rough guide
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Any chance of some one piece cues Bitter, say around the 18 Oz ,9.8 mill tip 58 inch, balanced at 17.5 as a rough guide
                        In the Welsh Dragon design and ash, yep please

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          In the Welsh Dragon design and ash, yep please
                          You had a welsh dragon one a few years back did you not ? :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                            You had a welsh dragon one a few years back did you not ? :snooker:
                            I did indeed, one of the first cues i bought, but it was only 57" otherwise i would still have it, great looking cue (imo)

Comment

That is a great design.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X