Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did exactly that!
    I always had ash cues but had some issues with ash:
    I used to find that the grain could pull any facial hair if I wasn't clean shaven.
    I never liked the grain while sighting; it can be distracting but on some cues the grain makes the cue look bent which I hate. I would need to pick the ash myself if I was to have a cue made from it.
    I knew maple was smoother.

I took the plunge and got a maple from Trevor.
    It's miles better IMO!
    So smooth, no distracting grain.
    My mates are well impressed I would never use ash again. I tried my old cue and hate it now.

Comment

I like the appearance of ash better than maple but like i said the grain on my cue gets on my nerves, Trev is sorting me some pictures out of grain so i can pick one and then hopefully forget about me cue and concentrate on my game.

I wish i knew somebody with a maple cue so i could try it for a week to see what it was like.

I really fancy a maple now after reading everything on here, i just dont want ADR147 to call me a 'poof' LOL
      Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

I took the plunge and got a maple from Trevor.
        It's miles better IMO!
        So smooth, no distracting grain.
        My mates are well impressed I would never use ash again. I tried my old cue and hate it now
        Never say never mate!
        I had a maple cue after using ash for years, had a 114 break with it in the 3rd frame and thought the same as you. Also tried my old cue briefly after a couple of weeks and hated it. Yet, 3 years down the line I am back to my old ash cue and wouldn't swap it for anything again, unless it broke or got stolen etc.

Comment

I wish i knew someone with a decent maple cue so i could give it a try?
          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

where do you live m8?
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Near Darlington, County Durham.

I think Craftsman would be the closest place to go and try a maple cue, trouble is i would want to try it on my local table for a few hours to try and get used to it.
              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

umm - tony ions in newcastle will have some.

Comment

Im thinking of biting the bullet and just buying one off Trevor, if i dont like it ill just put it on Ebay......
                  Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater
                    Im thinking of biting the bullet and just buying one off Trevor, if i dont like it ill just put it on Ebay......
                    might be an expensive business!

Comment

Stu Green "Greenbaize" from the banner always has a few maple in stock and he's in Stockton!

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater
                        i might have a second hand but as new one by trevor if you are serious?

Comment

i would be interested, depends on the spec etc?
                          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909
                            I was planning to buy a new cue from master cue, should i go for maple or ash.Is there any difference in playability and the feel of these two woods.
                            ash or maple it all comes down to personal preferation i use an ash cue because i like the way its feels and looks

Comment

hi adr which cue would you recommend for perfect level hand made splices --around abt the £200.00-had a lot of cues --not any perfect splicing --am i being to choosy or should it come as standard

Comment

Originally Posted by slg1972
                                hi adr which cue would you recommend for perfect level hand made splices --around abt the £200.00-had a lot of cues --not any perfect splicing --am i being to choosy or should it come as standard
                                bit of both - any mastercue, o'min, trevor white or mike wooldridge will have perfect splices or as near as damn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X