How long to "knock in" a new tip ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to "knock in" a new tip ?

Stuck on a blue diamond... and played a few frames last night (3 hours) and it felt like there was a marshmallow on the end of the cue !

Cueball control was non existant... I can usually screw the length of the table with ease, but the cueball just "stunned" Is this behaviour normal ?
    Or am I a bad workman blaming the tools ! LOL

this behaviour is normal. putting a new tip on will always feel different. if it's is a soft as you are making out then it could take a week to knock it in. who put the tip on? did you take off all of the old tip?

my advice is try and play on your own for a bit, hit the ball firmly and in the centre of the ball. do not use side. soft tips will miss-shape. try a few hours of this and if it doesn't feel any different whack another one on.

choosing the right tip is also different. in a box, probably only 4 or 5 are any good. look for a hard tip by dropping eahc tip onto a hard surface and listen to the noise it makes. it will become apparent which tips are hard.

Comment

tips!!!!!!

Ask trev!! he put me on a tip and was ready to play straight away mind you if you have to come through the misty valleys and rabid sheep its a long way for a tip. but he is very good and i am sure has some advice and i think adr147 has some advice on tips a lot of it comes down to the tip you choose to put on even though it is from the same box as the previous ones you have used not all tips in that box are the same !!!!

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/acces...-tip-5144.html

Comment

Working...
        X