Female extension joint..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female extension joint..?

I wonder if anyone has the female part of Parris' S.D. extension joint. I'd like to install those on all my cues. I just called John, but they are somehow closed on Tuesdays (is that a limey thingee?!) and I'm kind of impatient.

-- peer

Female extension joint...hm if I only knew what you are talking about
    I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Originally Posted by Wim View Post
      Female extension joint...hm if I only knew what you are talking about
      I'm talking about a female joint-thread that will fit extensions like those:
      Attached Files

Comment

You can have a socket fitted to the end of your cue, by asking John when he is open, you have a socket, not a female thread, which is the thing that you screw in to your cue!!

Comment

You can have a socket, sorry!!!

Comment

You must still be testing your avatar, bongo.

As an engineer the opening post was entirely correct and easy to understand, I also understand plug and "socket". If there were any criticism at all, it should have been referred to as the internally threaded part to match......

Shouldn't this be moved to the cues section?
            Last edited by moglet; 19 February 2008, 08:13 PM. Reason: Additional note to admin

Comment

Originally Posted by moglet View Post
              You must still be testing your avatar, bongo.
              I was only answering the question.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                You can have a socket fitted to the end of your cue, by asking John when he is open, you have a socket, not a female thread, which is the thing that you screw in to your cue!!
                Oh man, it seems like I made the confusion complete.

To clarify -- what I'm looking for is indeed the female thread part that goes into the butt-end of the cue. I'd like to use my Parris snooker extension also on my pool cues. Hence, I wonder if anyone has those threads joints for sale.

-- peer

Comment

Originally Posted by Peer View Post
                  Oh man, it seems like I made the confusion complete.

To clarify -- what I'm looking for is indeed the female thread part that goes into the butt-end of the cue. I'd like to use my Parris snooker extension also on my pool cues. Hence, I wonder if anyone has those threads joints for sale.

-- peer
                  you will be struggling to find anyone with these joints...i tried for my north west cue and failed..other than Kevin...but being an ex engineer my self got a 3rd party to turn me one ...the male end...for nothing rather pay £35 to have one fitted to my extension...

the joint is 3/8 whit...16tpi

Comment

Parris SD joint threads are different from the off the shelf type. The normal type are square/buttress thread (10mm diameter,2.5mm pitch or perhaps 10 tpi), Parris are a smaller diameter acme thread, or something very close and a better thread type. The pitch may be unique too, either 2mm or perhaps 13 tpi.

I've just had a look at the image in the earlier post, there is something odd here - is it a left hand thread?
                    Last edited by moglet; 20 February 2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by moglet View Post
                      Parris are a smaller diameter acme thread, or something very close and a better thread type. The pitch may be unique too, either 2mm or perhaps 13 tpi.
                      So there is no standard nut from the hardware store that I can use?

I've just had a look at the image in the earlier post, there is something odd here - is it a left hand thread?
                      Very perceptive of you -- yes, the image is mirrored. Here's the extension that I have and want to fit onto my pool cues:
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think it unlikely you would find a nut from a hardware store that would be suitable for Parris extensions. If it is not an exact match, the male part will be damaged and be loose when you go back to using the genuine Parris.

I expect that some other cue makers have designed their own thread systems, and in deference to subzeero there may be one that is 3/8" Whit. When I bought my first extensions, off the shelf, they just happened to fit the Peradon cue I had at the time. It didn't occur to me when I bought a Parris cue that my extensions wouldn't fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X