No announcement yet.

Baffling news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes ADR - but in this instance, as a cuemaker, you don't come under the heading of general public - those poor innocent people who part with their money in the belief that what they've read and seen are gospel, don't have your insight or knowledge of the cuemaking business - ther're the ones being ripped of by mis-description on cue name plates and websites
    www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

I think Keith is referring to makers who have cues made by a third party manufacturer, whereby they make the cue for a well known maker, AND, will also be capable of making the exact same cue while placing another name on it.

This is not an entirely new practice as some of us will know, but it is one which could well come back to bite.

The problem is as I see it, is that when you have some makers getting involved with this practise, AND, you get some fake cues floating about, the public can become confused and lose faith in the makers linked to these issues.

Comment

By the way......

Happy birthday to me..!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          i have never seen a fake cue yet that would convince me yet other than maybe a tony ions replica and they cost the same if not more than the originals!
          I would have thought the Ions cues are more of a reproduction than an out and out fake though, surely.

I have also made totally original looking reproductions as you know, but would'nt say I've tried to fake anything. Some of the images of a few of the Burwat Champions repro's have been posted on here I think.

Comment

Happy Birthday Trev !! - Another year closer to me !! you're going to have to get glasses soon to see where your splice markings are - all the best - have a good day - dammit - take the day off !! Go on enjoy yourself
            www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

Ta Keith,

Well, part of the day off anyway.

Comment

yes point taken both of you. not sure any of the top makers would admit to buying in cues and rebadging them though!!!

there is a photo trevor.
                Attached Files
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

you ain't got time to take even 1/2 a day off old son!!!
                  Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
                    you ain't got time to take even 1/2 a day off old son!!!
                    Actually, you're right there, I haven't.

Comment

Sorry Trev, no time off for you me laddo until my new magic wand is finished!!

Happy birthday you fellow Oldgit

Oldgit
                      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

i have seen recently it is 100% kevin muncaster right down to the uneven splices!
                        What are you implying..

Comment

I like kevins cues i think they are great value for money and often super players but they are a touch agricultural compared with those of trevor white, mike wooldridge, robert osbourne etc...

Comment

They are good value in the £100-£120 range.

Comment

I like kevins cues i think they are great value for money and often super players but they are a touch agricultural compared with those of trevor white, mike wooldridge, robert osbourne etc...
                              agricultural?

we're not in parliament are we...

Comment

its just that they are not maybe as well finished or as perfect as some others!

Comment

Working...
                                X