Beeswax/Linseed oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeswax/Linseed oil

I'm thinking of mixing some Chapman's Beeswax Polish with light refined linseed oil (an artist's medium) in a ratio of 2 parts oil to 1 part beeswax and applying it to my cue, letting it sit for an hour and then buffing it. Is there any advantage or disadvantage in combining wax and oil? Many thanks.

no need to mix it in my opinion, just oil first, providing your not oiling over varnish, then buff some beeswax on top once dry.

no harm in experimenting though although i'm not sure that the beeswax would help the soaking in process of the linseed oil if mixed together.
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by screwball View Post
      I'm thinking of mixing some Chapman's Beeswax Polish with light refined linseed oil (an artist's medium) in a ratio of 2 parts oil to 1 part beeswax and applying it to my cue, letting it sit for an hour and then buffing it. Is there any advantage or disadvantage in combining wax and oil? Many thanks.
      Hi,

I was told to put linseed oil on the cue for 1/2 an hour before buffing. Using beewax may cause stickiness which may affect your cue action!

Comment

Working...
      X