Trevor White Cue Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor White Cue Review

Well, I have finally received my new Trevor White cue. To say that I am delighted is an understatement. The cue is better than I expected and I expected perfection.

I have waited a long time for the cue but, like everything in life, it was worth the wait. I have just knocked in two imaginary century breaks over my desk here at work and am sat with a stupid smug grin on my face at the moment. Can't wait to pot everything in site tonight.

The cue itself feels totally perfect, jet black ebony butt with a single burr face splice, silky smooth ash shaft with the chevrons exactly as I wanted and lovely straight grain. The cue also feels perfectly balanced.

I am now in my mid 50s so really am a true Oldgit but over the years I have owned possibly up to 100 cues made by nearly all the famous makers and many old original antique cues as well.

I have experimented over the years with different weights, lengths, tip sizes, balance points and even switched from maple to ash so I have probably driven a lot of cue makers to distraction with my very fussy specifications.

I have absolutely no affiliation to Trevor but have gone back to him over and over again during the last few years purely because I honestly feel that Trevor understands not only how to make a superb snooker cue, BUT (most importantly) he is a century break player himself and so understands what makes a cue a good 'player'.

Hopefully this latest masterpiece will be the last ever cue that I buy and my aim now is to use it through good and bad and get to know it which is half the battle in this frustrating game that we all love.

A public thanks to Trevor from a truly happy Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

That's great Oldgit.
    If there is any chance that you may be able to post pics of your work of art on here, then, I'm sure the majority of members of this forum would love to see them!
    Here's hoping that the balls all go your way :snooker:

Comment

Good luck oldgit. I hope this is your last cue and if not you know who to sell it too:snooker:

Comment

Thanks guys......but I would get rid of the missus before I ever got rid of the cue!!

Oldgit
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

you will have sold it to me with a month.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

£1 he doesn't!!!!
            Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

what should i give you - 10-1 ?
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i to have made a pact with myself and most of my poll team that my new cue from trevor will be the one ! so best of luck holding on to it , i dont see myself parting with mine ever, ever, ever !!!!!!

Comment

i feel i qualify as an oldgit myself and played for over 35 years...never ever reaching any standards...never reached a ton but close...now with eyesight fading fast i still get a buzz from playing alas down to a few hours a week now.

but armed with my TW i am very very happy....4 cues ago i had a mike wooldridge...but due to some circumstances i sold it....i regret that in retrospect...then bought a JP shortly afterwards but quickly turned it around as i did not like the feel of it...the ash shaft did not look right...swapped it for a mastercue and cash....that went for a Northwest cue....nice but not nice enuf...now happily married to my Cocobolo ebony piece of art....phuk the other thread where some peeps want to make a mockery of this forum....good on yer Trev1...the attention to detail is second to none...thank you

have a good night ya oldgit and please report back how it went
                  Last edited by subzeer0; 14 August 2008, 04:57 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

long wait

Hope you have a great night tonight Oldgit.

Comment

Well, its now 11pm and after a few frames of snooker and a few pints of 'Morelands' beer and I am still in love with the cue. It feels great and will just take time to get used to.

The world is a nice place.........now, the big decision, do I sleep with the new cue or with the wife? Decisions, decisions......

Oldgit
                      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Be caeful Old Git you might find one day you'll be out on yer ear and she'll be sleeping with the cue.

Thats how I got my Trevor White cue, it was a bit too big for one divorcee being a one piece and her brother came on here floggin it.

TTFN

Wity the unbannable.

Comment

alternatively I will sleep with the cue and your wife, that sounds like a fair deal!!!!!! Then both the cue and the wife will be happy!!!
                          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Working...
                          X