chevrons on shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevrons on shaft

The more chevron - the better the shaft? Why many eBay sellers or second hand cues sellers always mention the number of chevrons on their shaft? I have seen and played really bad cues with 8/9 "even spaced chevrons" .
    on the other hand, I've seen and played with top stiff cues with "only" 4/5 chevrons. What do you think? TIA
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

total crap its just pleasing on the eye it does'nt make 1 cue better than the other

Comment

I think most people are not looking for very high number of arrows, but rather just arrows pointing upward on one side and downward on the back, with them evenly spaced.

I cannot see how that could affect the hit, but may have some influence on the value of the cue though.

Moreover, this might have an effect on sighting preference, hence might indirectly affect the performance of the player--some players prefer to sight down a cue with all arrows pointing in the same direction, or all downward as in the case of John Higgins. So, although the pattern itself does not make the cue hit better; a cue without such a desirable pattern may/could impede the performance of the player.

I know some players just cannot stand to see brown spots on their maple shafts, they simply cannot play well to their standards with such shafts.
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 4 December 2008, 07:35 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Just make sure you don't get the kind that SNAGS on your whiskers!

Noel

Comment

its purely asthetic it makes no difference to the payability of the shaft
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            its purely asthetic it makes no difference to the payability of the shaft

"payability" your always thinking about money Adr !

Comment

lol either that or its just my typing is dreadful.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                lol either that or its just my typing is dreadful.
                then I thought after it may have been right......meaning you'd charge the same regardless of chevrons.......so same "payability" ....one of your new phrases i reckon...lol

Comment

Working...
                X