My New Cue....... " Crack "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Cue....... " Crack "

Few weeks ago , I custom made a snooker cue. I check it the splice is very smooth. but at the last week,I don't know why the ebony splices was cracked.......anybody tell me, what is the reason??

temperature change? could be lots of things - photos
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by CUEDOCTOR View Post
      Few weeks ago , I custom made a snooker cue. I check it the splice is very smooth. but at the last week,I don't know why the ebony splices was cracked.......anybody tell me, what is the reason??
      speak to TOTLXTC he'll sort you out

Comment

is is the cue from welsh pool trading?

Comment

Originally Posted by CUEDOCTOR View Post
          So, you made the cue? Or you had it made for you?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by stephen23 View Post
            is is the cue from welsh pool trading?
            why do you say that stephen?

I bought a Welsh Dragon from Paul (nickname Bitter on this forum) at the beginning of October and I am more than delighted with it ... Paul was more than helpful with his advice, great service too and I love my cue ...

I'd recommend www.WelshPoolTrading.co.uk to everyone!

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post

I bought a Welsh Dragon from Paul (nickname Bitter on this forum) at the beginning of October and I am more than delighted with it ... Paul was more than helpful with his advice, great service too and I love my cue ...

" CRACK " is not a big problem for me, i just want to know , what is the reason? by the face, I agree,Paul is great service ,handcraft and finishing

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post

I dun mean that as cuedoctor has mentioned that he has just bought a cue from WPS, that's why I want to know is that particular cue or not.

Comment

It is hard to tell without any pictures, and/or details.

I would imagine if you put your cue in a locker in your local club, and they use heat during the day and turn it off at night, that can create quite a big difference in temperature, as well as humidity that your cue has been subjected to.

Also, the winter in HK is humid outside but warm and dry inside. Hong Kong is also much warmer than the UK in winter.

I am not sure if that would do anything to the wood.

I just reckon it could be a storage issue.

I am assuming you meant to say you had a cue custom made for you by a UK cue maker, rather than that you made a cue yourself in HK, which was my first impression.
                  Last edited by poolqjunkie; 9 December 2008, 05:55 PM.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                  X