coutts cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coutts cues

has any one purchased one his custom made cues recently,if so,what do they think of the overall quality of the cue,your feedback would be appreciated.

Dave's cues are superb. He has built a cue from scratch for me and repaired/ cleaned and polished dozens more. Imo he's joint top with Trevor White as they both make cues that are as good as it gets and competativly priced.

Comment

Dave Coutts, top bloke, top cuemaker; his one piece cues are the best value for money around and will be a pleasure to look at and play with. Two of my mates have one and both are delighted with them. Dave has also re-worked some old cues and turned them into beautiful 8ball pool cues; the workmanship was excellent. Thoroughly recommended.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Dave is an excellent cue maker and very reasonably priced. I have used a couple of his cues for a frame or so when i was looking for a new bat. He has done some work on the John Parris that i have now and i can't fault his work. Nice bloke and very helpfull, as is Louise.

He's got a very good range of Cues as well. If you can get to his place in Lincoln it is worth the journey.
        Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

coutts cues

i sold a dave coutts cue on ebay 6 months back , it went for just over ÂŁ100 and the lads all told me "i wolud have given you that" and to be fair in my opinion the cue was a fantastic one! just a little old and well used by the privious owner, but a verry nice cue to play with, i would concider him if i were ever concidering a new cue!
          But unfortunatly i have sworn to stick to my latest cue for ever and so far im on 8 months!!! yes 8 months, amaizing eh.

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
            i sold a dave coutts cue on ebay 6 months back , it went for just over ÂŁ100 and the lads all told me "i wolud have given you that" and to be fair in my opinion the cue was a fantastic one! just a little old and well used by the privious owner, but a verry nice cue to play with, i would concider him if i were ever concidering a new cue!
            But unfortunatly i have sworn to stick to my latest cue for ever and so far im on 8 months!!! yes 8 months, amaizing eh.
            Wasn't in the style of Hendry's old cue was it by any chance, 12 splice with Thuya burr, maple shaft?

Comment

I will second that I have a cue obsession and im a regular customer of Dave's, every cue I have had made by him have been of the highest quality I would highly recommend him. I actually popped over to see him last week & he showed me some of the latest custom cues he was making, absolutely stunning quality.

Comment

coutts cue!

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Wasn't in the style of Hendry's old cue was it by any chance, 12 splice with Thuya burr, maple shaft?
                Yes thats the one if you have it, and if ever want to let it go, give me a PM as im sure a mate of mine would have it off you?

Comment

No mate you bought it off me originally I believe. Didn't you have it altered with a joint fitted and took the tip down to 8mm? I had that cue originally made for me by Dave and shouldn't have sold it looking back but these things happen!

Comment

coutts cue

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    No mate you bought it off me originally I believe. Didn't you have it altered with a joint fitted and took the tip down to 8mm? I had that cue originally made for me by Dave and shouldn't have sold it looking back but these things happen!
                    There must have been a middle man, as the cue was jointed b4 i had it and reduced to a 7mm tip! but it was great for pool.

Comment

I see. Must be the same cue though because a friend of mine posted the link on Ebay a few months back and I can confirm it was the cue I had made. Was a fantastic cue, I had a 106 break the 3rd frame of using it! I thought this is the cue for me but sadly the form didn't stay with me and I stopped playing for a while and could never get used to it once I started playing again and went back to my trusty ash cue.

Comment

Working...
                      X