Unknown Cue maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Cue maker?

Does the name “Brian Allright” ring any bells to anyone on here? It’s possible that it’s just a personalised name plate for whoever owned the cue previously, it’s a pretty old cue.

I have no record of any "Brian Allright" as a professional or renowned player.
    In the early 60s there was a player "B Allright" played out of the Home Counties
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Wow that’s pretty interesting, could well be the guy who owned the cue before, who knows. Picked it up for a bargain price, the splicing is a bit off but the ebony looks good quality anyway! Cheers Dean

Comment

Pictures please.... always copius pictures

Comment

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185354...posted-public/

Ive uploaded a few here, the quality is poor, apologies!

Comment

Not sure if it is the person, but there was a Brian Allright based in West Renton, Norfolk, who was an amateur snooker player of some ability. He entered the East Anglia section of the BCE English Championship in 1983, and became a coach under the Billiards & Snooker Foundation in 1985. The cue may have some connection with his coaching activities. As DeanH says, there was a snooker player referenced as 'B. Allright' who entered the Home Counties section of the Amateur Snooker Championship in the 1960s, and this may have been the same person.

Comment

I did find Brian Allright in the 80s but read "pretty old cue" so did not mention this player

[please let's not call 80s cues "old" else I am a lost cause! ]
              Last edited by DeanH; 5 November 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Andy Hunter advises me that the design of the cue is from late 1960s to early 1980s.

I linked the 1980s Brian Allwright reference to the 1960s English Amateur competitor because the address of the former in 1985 was 'St. Helier, Cromer Road, West Runton'. This suggests that he may have been connected with Jersey in the Channel Islands, and if a player was entering the Amateur Championship from that location, his regional qualifying centre would have been the Home Counties.

Comment

could be the same, could be

... or not :wink:

excellent info 100U

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    [please let's not call 80s cues "old" else I am a lost cause! ]
                    For some reason i always figured you were young, or at least younger then me

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                      For some reason i always figured you were young, or at least younger then me
                      Look young with an old soul!
                      And my young children keep my heart young
                      I accept the compliment

Comment

Great reading posts like this , the knowledge on this Forum is quite amazing at times .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                        X